Menu
colinfriend
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tv any where

included in my package is   tv anywhere    but when i click on it  to try and get it on my laptop   it dont work   whats all that about ?????

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv any where

oh great, another one for the psychic helpdesk to solve.

what "IT" are you clicking on, exactly, on what web site page if that is what you mean, and what operating system is your laptop running.

does the error message say " it don't work" or something a bit more useful.

it " dont work" in Chrome browser, but that's explained on the help pages, which you have read, right ???

0 Kudos
colinfriend
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

" It "  meaning  the   TV anywhere in question,    where it says find out more    when I click   the page opens , and it states  use on your laptop!  but   I cant do anything with   it, for instance  if I select an Item to watch on my laptop I get a message saying "cannot detect your device"  I'm using windows 7   I have just read the bit about   not being able to use on chrome  I think thats where the problem is   

in my plan.PNG

0 Kudos
colinfriend
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

n0t optimised.PNG

which   browsers  should it work in then please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can read the technical requirements on this help page: https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

colinfriend wrote:

" It "  meaning  the   TV anywhere in question,    where it says find out more    when I click   the page opens , and it states  use on your laptop!  but   I cant do anything with   it, for instance  if I select an Item to watch on my laptop I get a message saying "cannot detect your device"  I'm using windows 7   I have just read the bit about   not being able to use on chrome  I think thats where the problem is   

ok - tv anywhere sometimes refers to a mobile app that you install, and sometimes to a service that you access via a browser. it could/should be better explained.

on a windows 7 laptop it shoud work in IE, Firefox, maybe some other lesser known ones, but not chrome ( who rate is as not secure )

you are anly allowed to have 2 registered devices and you also have to OK any mailbox ( other than the primary one) to have access if required- that is somewhere in the email accounts set up area.

0 Kudos