Menu
magpie402
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

too many devices sky sports

Hi there i have tried connecting a tablet to sky sports it says too many devices connected although when i go into connected devices there are none connected, I did remove any devices yesterday and now its telling me i have had my maximum of 1 change in the month. please help me with this or tell me which options i should choose when i ring as none mention tv anywhere ? i have rung tonight and despite speaking to customer services who put me through to the right person i waited 25 mins and was then cut off ! so please can you help me on how i connect when i have "already used your changes this month "

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: too many devices sky sports

Unlike TV anywhere where VM can allocate an additional device change for a month, as they control the system. They cannot do the same with the Sky stuff as Sky control that side of things.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
nickb1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This sounds a lot like the problem that I had, I had a laptop and a iphone registered and then it started reporting Device Limit Reached on the iphone and then something similar on the laptop.  I can still see the iphone registered but get the same error.

0 Kudos
magpie402
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i tried to install it on my new tab last night and it said i had too many devices so i deleted the devices on there (which i didnt even recognize) and tried again but it then said id used my changes when all id done was delete the unknown devices grrr why is everything such hard work when i pay so much for virgin XL a month ??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi magpie402

Thanks for posting back on the community

Sorry to hear that your having issues with registering your new tablet.

On your account, I can see that there are no devices currently registered to use Sky apps and there is one device change available. If you can on your tablet remove the Sky Sports app, then re-install it and sign in with your Virgin Media details. Once signed in, select a channel to stream and this will prompt you for registration of the tablet.

Try this and let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I had to remove my PC and add it again today.  So my device change is to the same device.  Sadly it is the 5th rather than the 25th so if this happens again...   I suspect it because I upgraded to windows 10.  If only I tried Sky Sports last week.

0 Kudos