Menu
magie-mai
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

tablet

Hi i'm new to this so your help will be appreciated. TV anywhere on my phone works fine but on my android tablet i'm having problems. When I try to select a live programme to watch/stream from the 'guide' section nothing happens. It will let me select one from 'what to watch' section. I find this really strange and wonder if anyone can help. My tablet is a Samsung Tablet A7 2016. Oh and i've registered both devices....thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
magie-mai
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tablet

Hi Micky,
Thanks for your help. I have tried changing the settings but it still did not work. The strange thing is it will stream from the 'What to watch' menu but not from 'Guide' menu......very strange...think i'll have to contact virgin to see if they can help...thanks again
best regards
Magie
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi magie-mai, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy 

As it's working on the phone, this is 100% an issue with the tablet. It's just finding out what Smiley Frustrated

I think it may be a good idea to try deleting the app and then perhaps reinstalling it. This could resolve the fault you are having. 

Give it a go and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi hopefully if you go to settings & select streaming channels that should work, if not you may may need to call to get the streaming part of tv anywhere activated. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
magie-mai
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Micky,
Thanks for your help. I have tried changing the settings but it still did not work. The strange thing is it will stream from the 'What to watch' menu but not from 'Guide' menu......very strange...think i'll have to contact virgin to see if they can help...thanks again
best regards
Magie
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Magie, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue streaming from the guide. 

I've tested things from this end and all is looking good. When I've gone onto the guide and selected Channel 4, it streams successfully. 

This is on a Samsung S7 mind as we don't have your tablet to hand to check on too. 

When you click on Channel 4, does the Watch option come up? 

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
magie-mai
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

Thanks for replying

No the watch option does not come up at all when I click any of the stream-able channels.

It did start working one day but when i've tried to stream today it would not work from the guide option on my tablet.

At the moment i'm getting round it by using search.....  ie   searching for the program then clicking on upcoming episodes then choosing the current program..... quite a long winded way to do it.

I've not checked for updates this time but i'm sure I did last time and it said i had the most up to date version

It works fine on my phone....so not sure what else to try...

If you can come up with anything else I will be glad to try it

Kind regards

magie-mai

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi magie-mai, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy 

As it's working on the phone, this is 100% an issue with the tablet. It's just finding out what Smiley Frustrated

I think it may be a good idea to try deleting the app and then perhaps reinstalling it. This could resolve the fault you are having. 

Give it a go and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
magie-mai
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F  

I'm still having the same problem with my tablet...I tried uninstalling  the app then reinstalling  it but it has not made any difference....when I click on a channel/program nothing happens   no options come up . If you had any more ideas please let me know.  Thanks 

0 Kudos
magie-mai
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F 

Just after my post today I went back to tv anywhere and it was working correctly on my tablet again!!!! Not sure what's happening but let's hope it lasts......I'll let you know..☺

0 Kudos
magie-mai
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F 

Sadly not working this morning again....my device is Samsung Tab A (2016).  Has anyone else reported any problems?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi magie-mai, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and I am very sorry that things are not working again Smiley Sad 

I really have no idea what is what with this one. 

The only thing I can think of that we haven't yet tried is to completely reset the tablet. Doing this does mean you lose everything as you take it back to factory settings. If you decide to do it, make sure you back everything up Smiley Happy

Come back and let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos