Menu
salmonhead
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

still no update?

I assume as I have not received any notifications of an update to enable the S7 to use the TV app it is still in the "testing"phase. Could someone please sort this out, it is driving me crazy how long this has been going on for.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: still no update?

Hi Salmonhead, 

We have no updates on this currently. As soon as we do, we shall let you know.

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

"Testing phase" wow where di that come from, Virgin said Android V6 and v7 will be resolved in the next update, v7 is not out yet........

0 Kudos
severnbore
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can sign up for the notification that all is working.  Yay! well!   Anyhows,  this service ground to a halt - eventually about last Thursday.  It can take various forms,  starting with various programmes becoming flaky  (like now as I speak, 7.56 am On Crime+Inv)  I'm watching on a laptop Windows 10.  Buffering, stopping, stalling, repeating, jumping, every flaky move you can think of.  Then comes the sign in errors - telling you, you can't sign in on your allocated monthly changes.  IT IS now WORKING - but flaky.  You can watch via your browser BBC ITV and UKTVPlay (i.e. drama, yesterday) THESE WORK FINE.  So, I know that it's not connectivity or my computer.  It's the whole ANYWHERE service\programme\plugin.  It needs revamping.  About a month ago, it was totally down for a week.  I watch t.v in my hobby room via Anywhere\computer, because of the layout of the house and cable t.v. is elsewhere. My package is about £95 a month, including landline, which is hardly used.  Is it worth it?

If it will not let you sign in, it could that you are locked out on that account as using up your monthly '1' change, then your account needs resetting.  Haven't quite worked out, why - since the techy recommended and switched me to the Virgin PREFERRED browser Firefox I can't now sign in on Window i.e. browser, I would have thought it was monitored with mac addresses - but who knows.  And I don't like Firefox - as I can't really adjust the screen to 150% - which you can do with Windows i.e.   You will have to phone and ask to have your account reset - every time I've done this, it has never been because I have changed computers - but because the Anywhere programme has become flaky.  

I'm thinking I might get an aerial fitted on the roof and buy a FREEVIEW t.v. - shame, 'cos I don't really have the room for it. So around a £100 a month - for internet, hardly used phone & t.v. package.

Bottomline is, if you can't sign in at the present time and service IS working.  YOUR ACCOUNT NEEDS RESETTING.

0 Kudos