Menu
owlboy
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sky sports

as a TiVo box subscriber and sky sports subscriber,why can I not get sky sports live on my laptop

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky sports

Can you give some more detail? What issues are you having trying to watch Sky Sports on your laptop?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
nsks4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah  it's not working for me either.

I have one registered device (my laptop)

I have signed in using my virgin ID and password when prompted. I have followed the instruction in the virgin sticky on this forum.

I get the following.....

I need a sky ID ( I have one and it's not recognized)

'The page you are looking for can not be found'

If I use google (you know that main internet browser that half world uses apart from virgin and sky) i get this

'Google Chrome no longer supports watching TV on this website.

Don’t worry you can keep using this service on your computer via other browsers like Internet Explorer.
We're sorry for any inconvenience this change may cause.'

If i use edge, explorer or firefox I get as far as sky login page and nothing is found and no page is loaded.

So come on Virgin lets all hear it. There is clearly a problem where we can't watch sky sports, BT sport (i've posted about this recently) and Sky movies using TV anywhere (worst named title of all time!)

This used to work fine. What have you or sky done to stop it working?

As a football fan I'm so furious about this that I'm going to cancel my TV package and go back to sky this weekend.

I don't want to hear a generic response either. Facts please.

0 Kudos
nsks4
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And maybe ask them why the embedded page code on the sky login page where you enter your virgin password directs you to a temporary undefined page

This is my login being successful

https://wig.sky.com/webauth?wp=DzbEJIBv&rd=http://my.skysports.com/authenticate?successUrl=undefined...

And this is the page redirection link

http://my.skysports.com/authenticate?successUrl=undefined&createskyWPCookie=00-57d4d586105effbb1401b...

oh look it's a randomly created webpage cookie and not the sky sports player..........

Second football match missed in a week. And Virgin want to put prices up. If I wasn't so angry about it I'd laugh at the general incompetency. 

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You don't need a Sky ID. You need to click the VM logo to log in, then use your PRIMARY VM account credentials.

If you are using Windows 10, I recommend using Firefox. Make sure your Flash is up to date.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have just logged in to watch tonight's game without any trouble. Device management is a PITA, but a necessary evil unfortunately. That said, both Sky & VM could make things clearly & easier to understand for the uninitiated.

0 Kudos