Menu
connedagain
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

sky sports with virgin

I have win 10. If I use IE 11 for sky sports it tells me Chrome is no longer supported. I dont have Chrome installed. So I cannot watch Sky Sports on IE.

If I use Firefox it tells me to install Silverlight. When I have done this the same message always appear.  I can now not watch sky sports via Virgin at all.

My main PC has win8.1 and I can watch sky sports with IE 11 on that PC but not with Firefox

Whats the next step

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky sports with virgin

Hi there connedagain,

Thanks for posting on the community.

Sorry to read you are unable to use Sky Sports on your Windows 10 PC.

Has Sky Sports worked on this device before? 

Is the Firefox version 51 or below?

Do you know if TV Anywhere will work on this PC?

As you have one device change available can you try to re-register to see if that will work for you please?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
daviehutch
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky sports with virgin

Since Firefox updated to version 52 anything else reliant on the Netscape Plugin API (NPAPI) is now forbidden. Which means Silverlight, Java and Acrobat are no longer supported.

There is a workaround which involves downloading a special version of Firefox's latest browser. This version is called the Firefox Extended Support Release. This is available for Windows 32 and 64 bit, MAC OS and also Linux 32 and 64 bit operating systems

If you do a google search for it then you should be able to install it and Silverlight, Java and Acrobat will run, however please ensure you download the 32 bit version if using Windows as the 64 bit version does not work. 

0 Kudos