0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
KingfisherUK
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: sky sports app

Your TV Anywhere and Sky Sports/Movies device registrations are separate, i.e. you can have two devices for TVA and then two entirely different ones for Sky Sports & Movies.

Go to My Profile and you will see there is a separate Sky Movies and Sky Sports tab. This allows you to manage the devices for those apps/sites.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi carljc, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having registering your device for use on the Sky apps. 

As mentioned by KingfisherUK, the TV Anywhere and Sky apps use different platforms which aren't synced so therefore any changes made to one need to be done to the other too. 

If you go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sports 

Delete the device you don't want registered and then use the device you do want registered to stream. This will automatically register the device. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
KingfisherUK
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your TV Anywhere and Sky Sports/Movies device registrations are separate, i.e. you can have two devices for TVA and then two entirely different ones for Sky Sports & Movies.

Go to My Profile and you will see there is a separate Sky Movies and Sky Sports tab. This allows you to manage the devices for those apps/sites.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi carljc, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having registering your device for use on the Sky apps. 

As mentioned by KingfisherUK, the TV Anywhere and Sky apps use different platforms which aren't synced so therefore any changes made to one need to be done to the other too. 

If you go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sports 

Delete the device you don't want registered and then use the device you do want registered to stream. This will automatically register the device. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
carljc
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

How do I know which device to change?

They are marked as mobile and mobile2 and not the names given in the TV anywhere app.

I have changed the incorrect device so have to wait another month but will have the same problem again.

0 Kudos
Cylinderman
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same problem today as carljc, now I also have to wait till June to try again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi carljc

Sorry to hear that your unable to use the Sky Sports app on your new device.

When I checked your account it is showing that you do have a device change available. If you try this again and when you register on the new device through Sky Sports remember to change the name as you know what device is registered.

Hope this works for you, let me know how it goes

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos