Menu
john_tj
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

sky sports app doesnt recognise phone

I have been trying to watch sky sports on the go however i keep getting a message saying ' device limit reached' even though my mobile is registered and I have capability to watch it (big kahuna with movies and sports package).

I have tried signing out and deleting the app, i have also unregistered the device and re-registered and i am still getting the same issue.

I registered my ipad and it works perfectly fine but for some reason it just wont work on my phone

Can someone please help me with this issue
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: sky sports app doesnt recognise phone

Hi john_tj, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great to have you here. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the app. Checking things at this end it looks as though there are different devices registered for use with TV Anywhere and Sky apps. 

You may not know but TV Anywhere and the Sky apps run off different platforms so therefore any changes made to one need to be made to the other. 

I've deleted the registration for the PC from your Sky devices to free up a slot for you to register the phone. 

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi john_tj, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great to have you here. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the app. Checking things at this end it looks as though there are different devices registered for use with TV Anywhere and Sky apps. 

You may not know but TV Anywhere and the Sky apps run off different platforms so therefore any changes made to one need to be made to the other. 

I've deleted the registration for the PC from your Sky devices to free up a slot for you to register the phone. 

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
john_tj
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

It has happened again! I do not understand why it keeps doing this and why i have to have a free slot open for it to work. Previously i had 2 devices connected and both had no problems. Please can you help me again to solve this problem?!

Regards

John_tj
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_tj, 

Thanks for posting back here for help. 

In order to manage your Sky devices you'll need to go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. This will show you the devices you currently have registered to view the Sky channels with. 

In order to manage your TV Anywhere devices you need to go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > My Devices. 

Make sure both of those match up. 

If you have updated the OS or the app, you may need to re-register the device so delete it from the relevant platform and re-register it by attempting to stream from the device. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos