Menu
andy2109
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

sky sports and movies

i have a subscription to watch sky sports and movies and can watch them on my tv but i am unable to watch one my registered devices either pc or app can someone please explain this abnornal glitch i can watch everything else from my pc or my tablet

anyone got any ideas on how to rectify this problem please

many thanks

0 Kudos
Darlington
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky sports and movies

0 Kudos
andy2109
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

i have now and i do have a sky movie package and sky sports package but it says i need to register my device which i have done and still no joy on both devices i have i have unregistered both devices and tried with just one device registered and still sky will not let me watch through their website

i am not all impressed with this collaboration between both companies as it has some issues

i am thinking it is because i do not have the HD channels under my subscription which has created this issue but it does need rectifiying for those of us that cannot afford to have the HD subscription which unless i am mistaken is more than double what we are payting for now

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi andy2109

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read that you're unable to watch Sky Sports/Movies through your PC nor tablet.

Even if you do not have the HD subscription this should still work for you. For now we will take one device at a time and try to get this working for you.

On your PC go to Sky Sports website (<click), on the top right go to Sign In and in the middle click on the icon that is for Virgin Media customers, then sign in with your details. On the right again you will see a red button with Watch Sky Sports, under channels select Sky Sports 1 then play, this will then prompt for registration. 

Try this and let me know if it works for you

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
andy2109
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

hi sam

yes i have tried it on my pc but again the same issue as with the app device not registered please contact your service suppier

i still believe it is because i don't have the HD package

i have unregistered both devices and reregistered them again after 1 month still the same problem

andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy

Thanks for the quick reply.

At the moment there are no devices registered for the Sky Sports nor Sky Movies.

With regards to the HD package, I don't have this myself and Sky Sports works on my laptop and my Samsung phone, so I know this won't be the cause of the issue.

On the PC do you know which browser you are using and the version?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
andy2109
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

hi sam

i use windows 7 and the lastest version of firefox, for the app i use an ipad air with up to date software

andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy

From what you have mentioned Sky Sports and Sky Movies should work on these devices.

Have you tried this evening to try and register the PC to see if it works? If so let me know the error message you receive.

Thanks

Sam

0 Kudos
andy2109
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

hi sam

The app is now working fine, i must admit i had not tried it for a while.

However the problem is still active on my computer

andy

0 Kudos
andy2109
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

i will take some photos to show :-)

0 Kudos