Menu
pujro
Superfast
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

sky platform error

I can run Sky Sports News via TV Anywhere but it's stopped working via the Sky platform(which is a far superior picture).

I've tried resetting the browser, etc. but it makes no difference. I've had quite a bit of trouble with "device not registered" errors, even though the device was registered, maybe it's corrupt somehow?

Error is of no obvious help, it puts this up after sign in and attempting to load the video - "Apologies, this item has been interrupted by an error"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky platform error

Hey there Pujro Smiley Happy

Many thanks for taking the time to write back into the Community, I hope you are enjoying the start of the weekend.

I am sorry to read about the disruptions on the app, I would like to help and ask if you've been able to do the following:-

• Try on a separate device
  • reinstalling app and the re registering
  • Tried this on a PC
  • Clearing the cache and cookies 

Keep in touch and come back to me when you can. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
pujro
Superfast
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Thanks or the reply. It's a desktop I'm using, I've tried on different browsers, same error. Reset browsers, etc., no joy. I just registered a laptop, which it accepted, but then the sky platform advises me that I'm over my registration limit(which I'm not). As I've been having trouble with device registration, and it was fine before, I think it's related to that - can you check if I have any conflicts in there? Can I have a clear out and start again or something? The problem is that with so few device changes allowed, there's no room for trial and error!

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hey Pujro,

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

You should have the right allocations now, I'm sorry that there's still issues on the TV Anywhere app.  After signing into My Virgin Media, you should be able to remove and then add the devices once more. 

Once you have added one, let me know.

Keep in touch

Ben  

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Don't forget that Sky device management is completely separate from TV Anywhere device management, and can be found here:

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

0 Kudos
pujro
Superfast
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks, that's something to do with it. I checked the devices in there(honestly don't think I've ever been in that sky area before!), deleted what was in there and now the message on sky says I've used my monthly changes! So, maybe next month it will work again. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pujro,

Thank you for your reply and also trying that out. 

I've added an additional allowance for you, if you check this you should be able to see I've added one.

If you need anything please let me know Smiley Happy

Ben

0 Kudos
pujro
Superfast
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the Virgin bit has an extra change but the Sky bit doesn't - can you add on the Sky side please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hey Pujro,

Thank you Smiley Happy

There is a little delay, if you check now there should be the correct allocations Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

0 Kudos
pujro
Superfast
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it now shows a registered device in the sky settings bit again, but I'm back to the original error on the sky platform - the rather unhelpful "apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error"

Cheers

0 Kudos