Menu
Paul17
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

removing device off sky platform

hi,

getting desperate to remove a device off sky sports app now..i posted a few days ago and got no replies so thought id try again...thanks in advance for any help (PM'd a member of the 'social media team') but turns out theyre not very 'socialable' after all!!

paul.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: removing device off sky platform

Yeah they apparently deal with posts in strict rotation but some luck out & have to wait longer than others.

My phone's browser plain refuses to let me copy & paste the URL you need, and I've just realised the mobile version of this site doesn't allow picture uploads. So I will switch to full version after this & post what is hopefully a helpful screen-grab of the "Sky Movies & Sports" link you need.

There you can delete a device, and to register a new device, simply start streaming on it. Unfortunately the Sky devices are automatically-assigned random alphanumeric names it can be impossible to know which name relates to which device, in which case you'll need to call or use web-chat. If you do, be as clear as you can that you are talking about SKY devices, else they'll assume you're talking about TV Anywhere devices, and as you can see, they are managed separately. When you work out which device is which, take a minute to name them yourself to something more helpful to avoid this problem next time.
0 Kudos
Paul17
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

crockret that's great thanks.i had seen some advice to another poster about going on 'my profile' then selecting sky movies and sky sports.

I did this but there wasn't a link to click anything like that! anyways,thanks again for your reply and i'll await the URL link.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

sorry I couldn't find a way to do it on my phone! :/

Paul17
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

crockert that's great,job sorted..thanks for taking the time and sorting that out for me...top man!!

0 Kudos