Menu
julianwardle
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

"Virgin TV Anywhere" app will not download from App store to iPad. "Cannot download at this time".

Has anyone else had this trouble, if so is there a solution. Never had a problem downloading an app onto my iPad before, but the "Virgin TV Anywhere" app just will not download. It keeps messaging "Cannot download at tis time"  "Done/retry" etc.

With the children hogging the TV, a lot of my transfer to Virgin was around the ability to get full accesses on my iPad.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Virgin TV Anywhere" app will not download from App store to iPad. "Cannot download at

julianwardle wrote:

Has anyone else had this trouble, if so is there a solution. Never had a problem downloading an app onto my iPad before, but the "Virgin TV Anywhere" app just will not download. It keeps messaging "Cannot download at this time"  "Done/retry" etc.

With the children hogging the TV, a lot of my transfer to Virgin was around the ability to get full accesses on my iPad.

This post: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Unable-to-download-Virgin-TV-anywhere-app/m-p/28313... indicated that there is a fault regarding this and provides two work arounds. By alternate connection it infers using another wireless network or a data network 2G/3G/4G temporarily to get the app then switch back to your VM broadband connection.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Virgin TV Anywhere" app will not download from App store to iPad. "Cannot download at

Hi @julianwardle,

Besides the above advise I offered earlier. Could you please do the following:

1. Go to http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/
2. Then click "Contact Support"
3. Next click "Contact iTunes Store Support"
4. Click "Connecting and Downloading."
5. Select the option for “Unable to download certain content from the iTunes Store”
6. You'll see various contact options available, choose the one you prefer and report the issue.

VM are advising this be done to give Apple extra support to help get this issue resolved more promptly.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
catriona1969
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the advice - I briefly logged into my neighbour's Wifi (with permission!) to download the app (took about 30 seconds).  This was after days of trying to get the app to download on my own Wifi.  Don't understand why that should be, but it worked!

0 Kudos