Menu
Mersea10
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

"Unauthorised modifications detected"

Hi. I have just bought anANDROID 4.4 KITKAT - 10.1" FUSION5 XTRA POWER4 TABLET PC and have fallen foul of the "unauthorised modifications detected" problem. I am not a techie...in fact the opposite but I have read that this may be due to a "rooting" problem (whatever that is!). The manufacturer (Fusion) has told me NOT to "unroot" the tablet as this would invalidate the guarantee & also may ruin the tablet itself so I have not done anything.

To my knowledge, I have not downloaded any superuser apps (which may also cause an issue) but I seem to be getting no response from Fusion as to a fix nor any light from Virgin to suggest a solution. Any ideas on what I could do to access Virgin TV Anywhere please? 

Fusion claim this is a brand new machine & they were unaware of the Virgin TV Anywhere app problem but, now they do know, no progress is evident!

Any help (apart from buying a new tablet!) gratefully received. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Unauthorised modifications detected"

Only you might try deleting the app and starting again. Always worth a try. 

Other than that if you have another computer or smart phone use those instead. (Guessing you haven't though) 

Mersea10
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the tip.

The app works fine on my laptop but I don't have a smartphone - only a tablet.

I have tried deleting & restarting a few times but it looks as though I'm kn**kered!

Manufacturer seems less than willing to engage and Virgin can neither offer me an explanation as to why the tablet isn't on their list of "uncompatible machines" (this I find somewhat interesting!!) nor if they are prepared to look toward a solution. (this doesn't surprise me....a smaller concern may care just a tad more!).

Thanks anyhow - I'm gonna carry on the battle.....I've also found the Which? app doesn't work either so I'm gonna suggest they investigate.....!!

0 Kudos
clerom
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sometimes the manufacturer can root the device and the app detects this and therefore won't work. That tablet might also not have enough processing power to be able to stream or use the app

0 Kudos