Menu
SammyM
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

"Device Limit Reached".

Hi.    In using "TV Anywhere",  I have two devices registered.   One is my mobile phone, and the other is my desktop computer. I have no problem with my mobile phone.   However my desktop computer has been giving me the message "Device Limit Reached",  followed by,  "Sorry, this device is not one of your registered devices. To add this device you must first remove an existing device."     If I remove my desktop device and then "add" this device again it works for a few days, and then the same message appears.  When I try and re-register it of course tells me I have reached my limit and have to wait another month!    How is my desktop computer not "registered" permanently ?   Nothing ever changes. The desktop computer is permanently attached to my Virgin  Super Hub.  How does "TV Anywhere" recognise a "device"? (Cookies ?).     Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,   SammyM

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: "Device Limit Reached".

Hi SammyM, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having continued issues with the TV Anywhere website. 

If you reset your cookies, cache and browsing history often, this could be what's causing TV Anywhere to forget your registration.

It's better if you can avoid doing this. As well as this, updating the browser or OS can also affect things. 

I have added a device change for you to use to re-register the PC. Can you try again and let me know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi SammyM, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having continued issues with the TV Anywhere website. 

If you reset your cookies, cache and browsing history often, this could be what's causing TV Anywhere to forget your registration.

It's better if you can avoid doing this. As well as this, updating the browser or OS can also affect things. 

I have added a device change for you to use to re-register the PC. Can you try again and let me know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

SammyM
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank's Kath. Yes that's obviously my problem - I do clear out cookies, cash, and browsing history on a regular basis. (Browser has also been automatically updated from time to time). I have now re-registered and things are up and running successfully again. Many thanks for all your help - much appreciated.

(Just one point, does this mean I should NEVER clear out my cash, cookies etc ? - I have always been told they should be cleared out on a regular basis.)

Thanks again,
SammyM
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi SammyM, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and we're really glad things are resolved for you Smiley Happy

When clearing those things, it's always worth leaving the passwords and username box unticked as this should keep the registration saved. 

You will still need to re-register if any updates are performed though. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
SammyM
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Kath,  sorry to bother you again!

I had  successful "viewing" on my PC since we last "spoke", however the same thing has happened again!   ie." Device not recognised".  The dreaded "Code 106" !

My browser is "Firefox" and I have checked it,  and the cookies, history, cache  etc are all there. I have not "cleaned" out anything thinking that this was the problem.  Again it will not let me "re-register" until December as I have reached my limit.  I have also tried using "IE" as a browser and I get the same message.

I'm afraid I need your help again.

Many thanks,     SammyM.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi SammyM

Sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing with your service, I've been able to locate your account to add another device change so that you won't need to wait until December.

If you're able to try this and let us know, we'd love to hear how you get onMan Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SammyM
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Craig.

I have successfully "re-registered" my device (Computer), and things seem to be working at present. (ie. I can watch "TV Anywhere" on my computer.)

This has all happened before, and "TV Anywhere" then stops recognising my computer, so I will monitor the situation over the next few days.

Thanks again, I will keep you informed.

SammyM

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant, thanks for letting me know SammyM

We'll be here should you need any assistance with your service moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos