Menu
blower
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

payments

I have had a Virgin TV / Broadband / Telephone contract since 2009, my TV package was L.    My monthly payments have gone up gradually and recently reached £75 / month, I thought this was excessive and rang Virgin to swap packages. The telephone operator immediately offered me a monthly deal of £65 / month for the same package, I accepted a modified deal but this is not the point.  It appears to me that I have for some time been paying £10 / month more than necessary, suggestions please for how I might reclaim this overpayment.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: payments

blower wrote:

Yes, I'm aware that that is the situation, however they advertise the price of their packages - how can they differ from that?

They dont. YOUR contract for a "bundle" (VM speak for a discounted package) runs for the length of time you agree to have your contract extended by. So once the 12 months (or whatever) runs out, your paying different rates. To get another discount you need to phone in, agree another discounted package and agree to another minimum contract term.

Same as electricty, water, gas, insurance, bank accounts, and every other ISP..etc etc etc...if you dont proactively manage YOUR account you'll pay more.

0 Kudos

All Replies
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You won't get anything. They offered you a deal to keep you from going anywhere else. You can't back claim on any discount offered by any company. It will not happen.

To put it plainly, what if your local supermarket were selling bread for £1.10 and you had been buying that bread for 6 months at £1.10, they then reduce it by 20p. Should you then get the previous 6 months 'overpayment' back? Just like virgin, companies give discounts to entice you to stick with them/buy the product be it bread or a tv package.
0 Kudos
blower
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I'm aware that that is the situation, however they advertise the price of their packages - how can they differ from that?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

blower wrote:

They dont. YOUR contract for a "bundle" (VM speak for a discounted package) runs for the length of time you agree to have your contract extended by. So once the 12 months (or whatever) runs out, your paying different rates. To get another discount you need to phone in, agree another discounted package and agree to another minimum contract term.

Same as electricty, water, gas, insurance, bank accounts, and every other ISP..etc etc etc...if you dont proactively manage YOUR account you'll pay more.

0 Kudos