Menu
brianahop
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

no sound on sky sports app on ipad - other programmes have sound on tvanywhere app

Trying to watch criocket i've reloaded Skysports app and signed in again but no sound volume is right up

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: no sound on sky sports app on ipad - other programmes have sound on tvanywhere app

Hi brianahop,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the sound on the Sky Sports app. 

You'll need to log in to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. Delete the device and re-register your devices using only alpha/numeric characters, please. 

Also, please note that Chrome is not supported and you may waste your monthly
change if you register a device using this browser. Supported browsers are
IE7 or higher, Safari5 or higher and Firefox 3 or higher.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: no sound on sky sports app on ipad - other programmes have sound on tvanywhere app

Hi brianahop,

Just checking back with you to see how you got on with getting the sound working for Sky Sports On The Go app on your iPad, as I haven't heard back from you.

If you require further help, please let me know.

Take care.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
scuzbox
Joining in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I've followed the advice and still no sound. I have sound for every other app and TV channel. Please help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi scuzbox, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue playing the sound on the Sky Sports app. 

I've gone into the account and removed the registration for the iPad. 

If you can delete the app from your iPad and then power it down. Leave off for a minute and then turn the device back on. Re download the app from the App Store and try again for me.

Has this made any difference?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Meersy
Joining in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm having similar issue. No sound on sky sports on my iPhone. Sound working on other apps. Deleted sky sports app. Managed preference on virgin media app to ensure my iPhone is a registered device. Reinstalled sky sports app. Still no joy. Just wondered if there was anything else I a try?
0 Kudos
handsy0
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi

been having the same problem with my ipad. Ive found that disabling bluetooth worked for me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Meersy, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're not getting the sound via the Sky Sports app. 

Has disabling the Bluetooth worked for you? 

Also, I would make sure you are re-registering your device for use with the Sky apps by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports.

Once here delete the device and then go back to the app to re-register. 

Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
AngolanWhite
Joining in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem and have followed the advice above. However when I go to the address suggested to remove the device it says that I have to have flash player to view it. When I try to install on to my iPad 3 it says flash player is not supported on my device.

So,  I then go to the virgin app direct (as surely I will be able to remove and reinstall the device there). But no, it would seem there is no facility to do it in the app. 

So im stuck!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi AngolanWhite, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the trouble you have had trying to remove your device. 

You'll need to visit the site via a PC or Laptop to be able to perform this action. 

Once you've logged online and followed the instructions to the Sky Movies & Sky Sports part of your profile you'll be able to remove the device. 

Let us know how it all goes and how things are after you have re - registered. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos