Menu
stec60
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

my skysports for android app

This app freezes when I try to login with my Virgin  Media user name and password. I've tied uninstalling and reinstalling the app. It used to work fine. I'm using a Galaxy S4 and don't think the app has worked since the recent update

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: my skysports for android app

Hi stec60

Sorry to hear that the Sky Sports app is freezing when you are trying to log in.

When you sign into you TV Anywhere account, on the right under My Profile click on Sky Movies & Sky Sports, does it show your device is registered? If it shows as 2 devices are registered is the other device working okay? 

I can see that the TV Anywhere was updated at the beginning of the week, but as you use Sky Sports app separately this shouldn't interfere. I have re-sync'd the account if you can try it again and see if it works and check the registrations.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
stec60
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello Samantha,

I've checked everything that you asked for and tried to sign in on both devices and both freeze when I press the sign in button. I also tried on TV Anywhere and it redirects me to the Sky Sports App which again freezes at the sign in point.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi stec60

Thanks for getting back in touch and trying both your devices.

What devices have you got registered for Sky Sports? If they are Andriod or iOS do you know which operating system they are currently using? Are these two devices in question both registered for TV Anywhere? If so do they work fine on TV Anywhere when streaming or does that have the same issue as well?

Sorry for the questions I just want to be able to find out the cause for you.

Let me know what you can and we can go from there.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
stec60
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello Samantha,

We have a Galaxy S4 running Android 5.01 and a Galaxy S4 mini running Android 4.42. Both are registered to TV Anywhere. All other channels work including Sky Sports News. The sign in problem only occurs on the other Sky Sports channels.

Steve 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi stec60

Thanks for getting back in touch.

On your Sky Movies & Sky Sports registrations there is currently one mobile that is registered with one change available. If you can try adding another device which isn't the Samsung S4 or the Samsung S4 mini and see if it works on that device for me please. If you haven't got another device don't worry.

If after that it still doesn't work we would have to replicate the issue this side on our devices to see if we get the same issue, however you might have to call in for that as we are unable to deal with passwords on the forums. Otherwise if the other device works but the Samsung's are still having an issue it might need to be completely un-registered and un-installed from the devices and re-start it from scratch.

I do appreciate all the checks you have been trying, and I want to be able to get this fixed for you.

Sam

0 Kudos
stec60
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello Samantha

I've tried my daughters I phone on TV Anywhere and it works, but not on Sky sports. I don't want to delete the app and data because all of my device changes are now used up.

I really believe that the problem is at your end and many other people are having this issue.

As I have said before, there wasn't a problem with sky sports for android until the recent upgrade.

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi stec60

Thanks for getting back in touch and completing the checks for me.

I've tried Sky Sports app on a iPhone 5s and a Samsung S5 using our test accounts and that works fine.

What I would suggest is to call in if possible for us then to replicate this issue with your log in details and if it is the same issue from our side we can raise an IT ticket for you. I have put notes on your account for them to see when you call in.

Let me know how it goes

Sam

0 Kudos
stec60
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha,

I will call into the Bootle shop over the weekend. Just a thought but can you try The Sky Sports app on one of your Galaxy S4's as this device seems to be the root of the problem

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve

I just tried on a Samsung S4 mini and that worked fine.

Hope this gets fixed for you

Sam

0 Kudos