Menu
deejaymac
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

just got this message while trying to watch Bt Sport Europe

OOPS

Virgin TV Anywhere is temporarily unavailable due to some essential maintenance work. We apologise for any inconvenience. Please try again in a few hours.

!

Like after the football is finished?

If that is true, well done for scheduling during Champions League night.

Why did we have to pay extra money for this again? 

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: just got this message while trying to watch Bt Sport Europe

As with most things with Virgin Media, things are not exactly as they seem.  Of course they weren't doing essential maintenance at peak evening time.  The message in itself is a lie.  Get used to being misled by these people.

The "essential maintenance" message is what you see whenever the service is unavailable, which for most of the time, is more users trying to use the service than VM have provided the capacity for.  Of all the many, many faults with TV Anywhere, this really should be the easiest one to fix.  The fact that VM can't or won't invest in the additional capacity that is is clearly required (and has been for YEARS), while continuing to take large sums of cash from us every month should tell you everything you need to know about Virgin Media as a company.

Genuinely disgraceful.  "oops" doesn't even come close.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: just got this message while trying to watch Bt Sport Europe

Hi deejaymac, 

Thanks for your post and my deepest apologies for the issues you received logging into TV Anywhere on Tuesday evening. 

I can see this was raised as a fault right away and resolved within the hour. The root cause to what happened is being investigated so rest assured we are doing something about this. 

If and when I get any further information, I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos