Menu
James999
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

iRULU Tablet (Lollipop) - Streaming Live TV Not Allowed?

Hi,

When I try to stream live TV on my iRULU tablet (exPro 1S 8" Android 5.1 Lollipop), I get a message saying "Unauthorized Modifications Detected" and TV Anywhere refuses to stream. The tablet is brand new from Amazon so has no mods on my part. Guessing it's something iRulu has done to Android.

Anyone else in same boat, or has some advice to get live TV streaming working? Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: iRULU Tablet (Lollipop) - Streaming Live TV Not Allowed?

Hi James999,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue streaming from your tablet. 

More often than not this error message comes up if there has been some modifications to the OS. It can also appear if you have an app called Superuser or SuperSU installed. This usually comes on the phone when you first set it up. Can you see this? 

This device isn't a fully supported device so I'm not able to dive deep into this however there may be some Community members who have experienced the same who may be able to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
James999
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for your reply. I checked and there is no sign of a SuperUser/SU app on the tablet. No worries, guess it just isn't supported. Maybe one day. Smiley Wink It's a great tablet so far - Chromecast, Netflix, iPlayer etc. all work perfectly on it.

Best regards,

James

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi James, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to get this working on your device. 

The good news is you don't have to miss out on TV Anywhere. You can still use it on a PC / Laptop by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com. 

If you have any further issues, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos