Menu
Cogley_efc
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

iPad to tv streaming

Anyone know why you can longer stream the tv anywhere app via hdmi to a tv?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPad to tv streaming

You never could. It has always been blocked. TV Anywhere has never been intended as a replacement for a multiroom set top box but as a remote control and app for streaming programs to mobile devices.

0 Kudos
Cogley_efc
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It worked with sky movies when we first got a TiVo box about two months ago but no longer works?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sky Movies are not delivered by TV Anywhere but by Sky's own app but I believe the same limitations apply.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I wonder if there is a confusion of terms here. Steaming to a mobile device requires the specific Sky app, however the Watch on TV option should bring up the movie on the TV connected to the TiVo box, provided you are subscribed to the package. Works fine for me using the android version of the TV anywhere app.

Of course it could be an issue with the Apple version. Not able to test that.
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you saying that you connected your iPad to your TV via HDMI and viewed the iPad on the TV?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No, that has never worked as far as I know, either using an Apple device or an android device.

As I said I don't have an iPad.
Cogley_efc
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Apologies if I haven't made this clear. Basically I have an iPad with the sky cinema app through virgin media. When I first got the app I conencted the iPad to my tv using a hdmi cable (not the tv with the TiVo box). I was able to watch the movie that was playing on the ipad on the tv however it now comes up saying due to licensing restrictions this is no longer available, just wondering why it doesn't work anymore and is there a fix
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

...and, as I said, I believe you have never been able to do that either with Virgin Media or Sky apps.