Menu
Shelley22
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

iPad and TV Anywhere

Hi,

I was a sky customer and regularly used sky go. This meant I could watch shows at anytime.

i thought tv anywhere would allow me to watch tv anywhere. For example, I have recorded a show and I want to watch it but I can't. Can someone from Virgin explain why this is called tv anywhere if you can't access tv anywhere. Shouldn't it just be called live stream?

How do I watch a show that I didn't watch while it was showing. I.e. The Walking Dead?

really confused about what use this app actually is.

0 Kudos
Shelley22
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPad and TV Anywhere

So I just tried to watch it via demand. I went backwards in time until I found the episode, I clicked it and it all looked hopeful, then it gave me the option of watching it on the tv.

Not really a watch anywhere app then? 

Can anyone help?Shelley22 wrote:

Hi,

I was a sky customer and regularly used sky go. This meant I could watch shows at anytime.

i thought tv anywhere would allow me to watch tv anywhere. For example, I have recorded a show and I want to watch it but I can't. Can someone from Virgin explain why this is called tv anywhere if you can't access tv anywhere. Shouldn't it just be called live stream?

How do I watch a show that I didn't watch while it was showing. I.e. The Walking Dead?

Shelley22 wrote:

Hi,

Shelley22 wrote:

Hi,

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You cannot currently watch recordings from My Shows via the iPad TV Anywhere app but you will be able to do so when the new V6 box is announced and available.

However, if you have the latest version of the iPad TV Anywhere app, you should be able to watch the latest episode (series 7, episode 1) from On Demand. I have just confirmed this on my iPad Mini 1.

The latest level of the app for iPad is v4.0 - if you don't have this, I suggest you update the app.

0 Kudos
Shelley22
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great. Thank you. 

I just downloaded the new version and can see the changes. Still a little disappointed that the show aired last night and isn't available on demand. How long does it take for things to become available?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can I ask why you don't use TiVo as it is primarily designed to be used by recording the programs you want to watch via Series Link+s?

0 Kudos
Shelley22
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I use my iPad to watch telly while I work.
I often watch but not in my front room which is where the telly is.
I used to have Sky and sky go
And could just use it anywhere and catch up really easily, been a Virgin customer for a few months and not sure I did the right thing. It's really frustrating and over complicated.
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shelley22 Smiley Happy

Thank you for your time, I can see that Ernie_C has been able to help you.

With the V6, if you're interested in the features and wish to have one as this would benefit you, please have a look and Register your interest Smiley Happy

Please stay in touch and take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Twinster
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I agree. I moved from Sky to Virgin and found it to be a mistake.  Box sets aren't available on iPad, neither are recorded programmes for example.  I use my iPad a lot for tv viewing and Virgin is an inferior product in my opinion. 

0 Kudos