Menu
dbourke
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

i cannot access sky sports as I get device limit reached error but only have laptop registered?

I cannot access sky sports as I get device limit reached error but only have laptop registered when I check my tv anywhere status?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: i cannot access sky sports as I get device limit reached error but only have laptop registered?

Your Sky devices are managed separately here:

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

All Replies
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: i cannot access sky sports as I get device limit reached error but only have laptop registered?

Your Sky devices are managed separately here:

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

dbourke
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Somebody else has got access to my account somehow, my mobile is registered and there's another mobile registered called "richie boy". I lost a phone about 6 months ago and cancelled but I wonder if somebody has managed to unlock? Can you tell who is using my account?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi dbourke, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

It's great to hear you've managed to get access to change your devices for Sky. When Sky register the device, they take the name of the phone that it's set up on. As you don't recognise this it may be possible someone else is using your phone. 

As you already registered your device, the person using the phone may still be connected as long as they open the app once every 30 days. 

First thing would be to change your password just to ensure your security hasn't been compromised. The second thing I would do is delete that device from your registered devices.  This will ensure your account is safe and will also free up a space for you to register a new device. 

With regards to knowing who is using that device. We have no information other than the name on the device so we're not able to help you with this I'm afraid. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos