Menu
jthaill
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi my iphone wont play sky sports as says device limit reached, only other device is macbook???

hi my iphone wont play sky sports as says device limit reached, only other device is macbook???

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: hi my iphone wont play sky sports as says device limit reached, only other device is macbook???

Hi jthaill

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that your unable to play Sky Sports through your iPhone.

When you sign into your account on the right you will see My Profile, under this heading there will be Device Settings and Sky Movies & Sky Sports. Device Settings shows the registered devices to use with TV Anywhere which currently you have no device set to. Sky Movies & Sky Sports shows the registered devices for Sky apps which you have the MacBook as you mentioned. 

You have a device change available within Sky Movies & Sky Sports, if you open the Sky Sports app on the iPhone, sign in with your Virgin Media credentials and try to stream a channel. This will hopefully prompt you to register the device, once that has been completed it should work.

Let me know how it goes.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jthaill
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: hi my iphone wont play sky sports as says device limit reached, only other device is macbook???

hI Sam

nope, still says device limit reached on my iphone!

Also on my account on webpage it has available slots and say i have a limit of 2 devices, one of which is filled. so i see no reason for the iphone not to work.

although there is a slot free it say i've reached my limit for this month

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jthaill

Thanks for getting back in touch and trying the iPhone again for me.

Like you mentioned you have one device registered for Sky apps and 1 change available. I have re-sync'd the account so on your iPhone open the Sky Sports app, try to stream a channel and see if this time it will come up with a message to register the iPhone.

I am hoping this works for you as there shouldn't be no reason as to why it won't work.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
M3RK
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, my iPhone is the same since iOS8.3 was installed. I've had same 2 devices installed since forever. I guess there's some sort of security in the update that stops device recognition
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi M3rk, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue trying to use Sky Sports on your iPhone. 

I have gone into the account and removed the iPhone from the device registrations. 

If you try streaming from Sports now the iPhone should register. 

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos