Menu
jim10000
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

error streaming channel

Hello,

While watching BT sport on my kindle fire using tv anywhere app it keeps displaying an 'error streaming channel' error message every 5 or 10 minutes. The channel keeps streaming fine under the message but once you press ok it closes the channel.

Usually it restarts fine but sometimes it says error code V:500

I've tried reinstalling the app to no avail, and it was happening with my galaxy s5 the other day also.

Could you help with this as it's annoying? Thanks
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: error streaming channel

This happens whenever there is a big game on BT Sport. The "infrastructure" can't cope & the system falls over.

We keep reporting it, nothing happens. 18 months now.  Dreadful.

jim10000
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same again tonight trying to watch the FA cup game
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yup - welcome to the future.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

actually something does happen, a moderator removes many of the complaint threads including mine,  to hide how bad the problem is 

ad I had a full set of cannot stream, one every 10 minutes, a few  cannot connect,  a couple of device not registered.  and a complete thrown out back to sign in screen.

Clearly  the app decided that the arsenal game would be a good showcase to show off all of its moves Smiley Happy

jim10000
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No response from anyone at VM I see. Thanks for the support.

In all honesty, bills should be reduced accordingly until this issue is fixed because we are paying for a feature that doesn't work. You are still clearly advertising being able to watch TV anywhere when realistically you can't.
cybmole
Community elder
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have been a fierce critic of this service, in this and other threads, and have often experienced all the reported issues with my android ( Kindle) app, despite having fast, strong wifi reported signal

last night I watched all of the Liverpool game and 1st half of  the Man U game using  IE11 / windows 10 PC , on a wired connection,  and it was a glitch free experience ( not even the usual random buffering)..

....which suggests that some problems may be due to badly coded android / ios apps rather than server side / bandwidth problems ?

I dunno when the apps were last updated for Google, Apple. but my Amazon app was updated in January apparently & I'd say that update made things worse not better. I don't recall ever seeing the "error streaming channel" message last year

• Original Release Date: 18 July 2014
  • Latest Developer Update: 5 Jan. 2016
  • What's new in version 2.2.4
    • Minor bug fixes.

I know Man U are **bleep** nowadays  but they are probably still as popular as Arsenal, so there would have been lots of TV anywhere users tuned into that game ?

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
jim10000
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I managed to watch the 2nd half of the man utd game last night on my kindle fire on tv anywhere. The only issue I had was when I first started watching it said device not registered and then started working fine for the rest of the half, so maybe they fixed something.
0 Kudos