Menu
shirleywhite
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

edge and skysports

Hi all

Just updated my 2 tablets authorised for skysports from windows 8.1 to windows 10.  When I triy to login to watch I enter my blueyonder email and password..... but I then get the error message re Google chrome not working anymore and suggesting switch browsers.

I am confused!!!!!  The sticky at the top of this forum says that edge is now supported!???    What am I doing wrong? Could someone explain in simple terms please?  Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: edge and skysports

shirleywhite wrote:

The sticky at the top of this forum says that edge is now supported!???
As the sticky topic notes, Edge is only supported for TV Anywhere.

Sky Sports and Sky Movies have different requirements. Windows 10 wise, Sky Sports and Sky Movies accessed must be through Firefox V3.5 or newer. In Short, install Firefox and use that to access Sky Sports and Sky Movies.

Link to Sky Sports/Sky Movie tech. requirements page: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=134853&CURRENT...

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
shirleywhite
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Shelke. I've got both Edge and Firefox on my tablet and thought I'd tried both last night. But just tried Firefox again and it works! Thanks for taking time and trouble to reply.
0 Kudos
kevingc
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I had same problem on Windows 10 so did download Firefox but when trying to play Skysports it keeps buffering?

Any ideas?

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi kevingc, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you involved in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue with buffering on the Sky Sports website. 

This can sometimes happen depending on your connection and the equipment too. Have you noticed this on any other streaming site? 

What were you watching at the time? 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kevingc
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

Thanks for getting in touch....when using android tablet or phone it all works good so I think its to do with Windows 10 tablet. Have read a lot about the probs with Windows 10 anyway

regards

Kevin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevin, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

Checking the Technical Requirements for using the Sky apps, it does mentioned that Edge on Windows 10 is not supported: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=D413080D-461B-40AF-BC50-F584AEBFCBD5

I'm glad to hear it's working fine on your other devices.

Try using Internet Explorer or Firefox to see if this helps. 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos