Menu
bumbling1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

device limit reached

Hi there,

I've just upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 and when I went to use the Virgin Media Sky Sports it said I had reached my device was not registered. I deleted the device and then re-added it but now it says my device limit has been reached.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
DOCSIS
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: device limit reached

You are only allowed one device change per month, if you give VM a call they might be able to add a change for you due to the circumstances or if you wait a member of the forum team might be able to help you with this but it might take a couple of days for them respond.
I work for Virgin Media, but all opinions are my own.
0 Kudos
bumbling1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. Tried phoning but went around in circles and got nowhere. Fingers crossed someone from the forum team will be able to help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi bumbling1

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that you had device limit reached when trying to re-register your laptop after upgrading to Windows 10.

I would like to check your account to see your changes, however I was unable to locate your account. I've sent you a PM (red envelope icon, left corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi bumbling1

Thanks for getting back in touch and confirming your details, I appreciate it.

When I checked your account, there is an available device slot for both TV Anywhere and Sky Sports. If you sign into your account, on the right under My Profile click on Sky Movies & Sky Sports. Remove the laptop from the list, then go back into Sky Sports website, sign in, select a channel and this will prompt you for registration of the laptop.

Hopefully this should then work for you. Also make sure that the browser that you are using is either Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bumbling1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

Worked an absolute treat! Thank you so much for your help.

Take care,

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

I'm glad this is now working for you Smiley Happy

If you do experience any further issues, then by all means get back in touch.

All the best

Sam

0 Kudos