Menu
TOBS2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cannot detect my MAC device

Despite it working in the past - TV anywhere now refuses to detect my device!

I have tried on Safari and Firefox, both on latest versions, my flash is up to date, Java enabled and cleared cache. I have tried from various locations, routers etc but all to no avail - the wheel just sits there spinning round and round and round.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot detect my MAC device

Hi TOBS2, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that your device is no longer being detected. 

Since the last time this was working for you, have you updated anything such as the OS or the browsers? 

When going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings, is your Mac still showing as being registered there? If so, delete it so the slot is freed up for you. 

I would start by using 1 of the browsers. Make sure you're running the latest version and there are no updates to be run. Delete Flash and re-download to ensure you are running the latest version. Clear the cache, cookies and browsing history. Make sure your cookies are set to Always too.

Go back to anywhere.virginmedia.com and sign in as normal. Go to the On Now section and select Channel 4 to attempt streaming. Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how it all goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TOBS2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

sadly no change - all latest versions running, all cache cleared, cookies enabled, flash re installed but still just get spinning wheel!

Any other ideas?

Tobs2
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tobs2

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I appreciate all the checks you have completed so far.

There is one other device that you have registered for TV Anywhere does this work OK? Also on the MAC does it allow you to register for Sky Sports/Movies? If you went to skysports.com and selected a channel to stream for registration do you get the same issue? 

I know you want to use TV Anywhere rather than Sky I just want to see if you get the same issue on both.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos