Menu
Highlighted
northener
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cannot access tv anywhere again

For the 2nd time this week I cannot access tv anywhere keeps treating me like I am not entitled to use it , telling me to dial 150 and buy it ( I`m on xl tv ), then it tells me oops ! we are doing essential work and to try later, always when I want to watch the football. have now give up and seriously thinking about going elsewhere , I am paying over £85 quid a month and the service does not match the money I am paying at present .

My Mrs has gone to bed so I can watch the 2nd half ( not a happy bunny I can tell you )

I f I ring up I know it will be a pathetic apology , this is cable , the best ,what can go wrong? the promised speed update has shuffled from feb 2016 to June 2016 back to end of April , just at a loss

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot access tv anywhere again

Hi northener,

Apologies for the issues you were faced with during the game this week. 

This is an issue we are aware of and have been making changes in the background to resolve this over the last few weeks.

A fix was put in place however we've seen this is still happening since so we are back to the drawing board. 

Once a new fix goes live I will be in touch to let you know.

Apologies again.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
northener
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that but , Sunday the 8th of May from 10-30 approx until 22-30 pm , no phone , no internet , no tv ,(wn2 area) 12 hours , whats going on?, my 18 year old Grandson who is autistic stays with us over the weekend and relies on your service was extremely stressed throughout the whole day .There was a message inviting Customers to ring a mobile # , I did not ring this number as last time I used it I was charged £36 for the privilage and as I was never made happy about this issue , when we have a fault it comes to the surface, no compensation when it was not my fault. I am seriously considering my position with Virgin as I pay a lot of money for the service , a lot more than new Customers . I also disagree being told that not reporting a fault , the fault never happened
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi northener,

I'm sorry to hear that your services were affected by an area fault on Sunday the 8th of May. Has your service been restored since? We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you and your family.

Quite often customers experience a loss of their service that is not affecting any other customer in the area--an individually specific fault (as opposed to an area outage), but unless this problem is reported, we may not be aware that the customer is effected.

Compensation for a loss of service can be requested by speaking to Customer Services if the fault is not resolved within 24 hours of the first report of the fault. We ask that you contact us as soon as possible to report a loss of service so that we can investigate and resolve the problem for you.

You can contact us on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), or via the Contact Us option on our Help pages on the main www.virginmedia.com/help site --through this you can contact our WebChat team.

I'm sorry that you have had unsatisfactory issues with us previously. If you would like for me to look into the problem that you have mentioned, I'll need to take further information from you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos