Menu
srtommo1952
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cannot access movies/sport keeps requesting need silverlight

I have XL tv package which includes movies and sport. When I try to access these on my laptop on tv anywhere, it says I need Microsoft Silverlight. This is already installed. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it comes up with the same thing. I can access normal tv fine. This is getting very frustrating as I am not very good with computers and do not understand some of the advice I have received. Any simple ways to rectify this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot access movies/sport keeps requesting need silverlight

Hi srtommo1952,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you involved in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you are are having an issue getting the Sky Players to recognise that you have Silverlight installed. 

In order to help you with this can you let me know the following:

What browser are you using? 

What OS is your Laptop running?

What version of Silverlight are you running?

Let me know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
srtommo1952
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying (busy). My browser is Bing, My homepage is MSN, I am on Windows 8.1 and as far as I know I am on the latest version of Silverlight as I uninstalled the old one and installed a new one. When I went to reinstall Silverlight it requests to use MSN and Bing which I ticked hoping this would be more compatable.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi srtommo1952,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. Bing is a search engine on the internet so this wouldn't be the browser you are using and regardless of what your homepage is, things should work. 

Your browser should be either Internet Explorer or Firefox. What does the little icon look like? 

It may be worth giving the team a call on this one. 150 / 0345 454 1111. They will be able to take remote access and get this resolved for you Smiley Happy

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos