Menu
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

a big mistake with service status testing tv phone bband results

i didnt think there was anything wrong with my landline home phone untill i checked on my service status and there for it said test your phone so i tested it and the results were fault with your home phone engineer required to check so i went on book engineer he said he will come today meaning saturday well he came he questioned why i contacted him i told him there was a fault with phone but really there wasnt anything wrong with the phone so its not true what the results came back with so really should i have wasted is time because it was working but the results on this system are nothing

i do think virgin forum are good with this they will make sure there is something wrong with tv bb phone before they investigate cheers for understanding this its something to watch out for nexttime jonni

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: a big mistake with service status testing tv phone bband results

Hi Jonni,

Thanks for posting this information on the Forum. Apologies that the server status information was incorrect. It is possible that it flagged an issue on the line that was cleared by the time the engineer arrived. 

In future, if you are unsure about booking an engineer when the server status check asks you to, please feel free to contact us on 150 from your Virgin Media landline, and we can run direct checks on your line to verify if an engineer is required, or contact us here on the Forum, or Online Chat via Contact Us on www.virginmedia.com/help

Take care.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Tags (1)
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi terri i did confirm with 150 about the problem asking if it was my landline and he said there was a fault i told the engineer 150 did mention it but he didnt understand the reason why i called him if there want anything wrong with the phone 150 should make it clear to stop engineers coming out for nothing if there was anything in the line of faults one of those things
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonni,

You are correct. The faults agents on 150 would have run testing on your line and verified if there was an issue to warrant an engineer appointment. If the testing showed an issue, then the appointment would not have been canceled. 

Again apologies.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Tags (1)