Menu
Roger39
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You currently have both of your 2 allowed devices registered

I use the same laptop to watch on line yet it tells me that  "You currently have both of your 2 allowed devices registered"  and the Sky page says "unable to register this device.  You have already used your device changes this month"

I don't understand why it is saying this as I use the one laptop and I've not made any changes.  I currently can't view anything.

Can you help me?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: You currently have both of your 2 allowed devices registered

Hey Roger39,

I hope you are well, this one should be an easy fix. Have you had an update on your device recently? Maybe a Windows update?

Whenever there is a change to your OS version on any device, this can sometimes trick the TV Anywhere into thinking it's a brand new device, when in all fact it isn't. Re-registering your device would resolve this and if you can take a look at your allowances, I have refreshed them for you Smiley Happy

It could also be that there are more than one device registered that you may not remember. Log into http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/ and have a look at what's registered Smiley Happy

Please let me know if this helps and all the best.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
AkiraSV
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

"Whenever there is a change to your OS version on any device, this can sometimes trick the TV Anywhere into thinking it's a brand new device, when in all fact it isn't."

I thought this might be the case when I upgraded to macOS Sierra, but it appears to be a problem every time I log in. Would be interesting to see if Roger39 has upgraded and to what platform.

0 Kudos
Roger39
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Thank you for looking into this and coming back to me.  However, I am afraid it has not worked.  I tried to watch Sky - same message.  I went into My devices and two devices were still registered.  I deleted both and added my laptop.  It said it was already registered on another virgin account (no idea what that is) and tells me I have no device changes available this month and I can next do it n the 1st Dec.

Very confused and not surprisingly frustrated by this!

Any help ?

0 Kudos
Roger39
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

After a bit of fiddling about it all looks like it is ok.  I hope that it will work next time I log in to watch something.  Can you ensure that from your side it all looks ok.  It should have just the one device registered now.

Many thans for your help with this.

Regards,

Roger.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roger, 

Thanks for coming back to us here in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm glad things have settled down your end although I am intrigued by the error that the device is registered to another Virgin Media account. This isn't something we monitor and in fact wouldn't stop you using the device. 

Things from here are looking good so nothing to worry about on that. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let me know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos