Menu
Savvyboy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yet another A:3328 error issue

I am sat in hospital watching over the father in law and When I try to watch something on my iPad device all I get is the infamous streaming error A:3328. The strange part is that it appears to be fine to edit my shows on the TiVo box (deleted some to claw back some capacity)

Reading previous threads on this forum it appears 'the cure me all' is to ensure the device is registered but whenever I try the app fails me with the same A3328 error so I decided to use the website but this demands I require flash installed - which is a bit of an issue on iPad!!;

In a bit of a fix here so any help would be gratefully received (no access to a PC for next 72 hrs so any remediation must be deliverable through an iPad) Thanks
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yet another A:3328 error issue

Are you on wifi?

0 Kudos
Savvyboy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, but not my home wifi. My iPad is not data enabled and I am posting this sat at the bedside
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don't know what this error code specifically means, but I do know that a lot of public WiFi specifically blocks video streaming in the name of fair use, especially the free offerings.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I was right. Digging a bit deeper:

This can happen when attempting to stream on a network that blocks access to the non-standard ports that our license server uses. This can happen on corporate networks where security restrictions have been put in place. You may need to talk to your network administrator or IT department to see if these restrictions can be removed.

http://www.virginmedia.com/apps/android/tvanywhere/troubleshooting/

Amazing really that in all the previous reports of the problem here, no-one has come up with this answer before. I guess Virgin Media have their own business reasons; they like to say that you can use TV Anywhere on any UK WiFi connection, when that clearly isn't the case.