Menu
tweetiepooh
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Would like tablet version on Nexus 7

As in subject, the Nexus 7 is a tablet not a phone, would prefer the tablet version to be available.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got. Jim Elliot

I work for Virgin Media but respond here on an individual basis. No comment or assistance offered is done in any official capacity.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Would like tablet version on Nexus 7

Hi tweetiepooh, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I have passed your feedback over to the team about this. 

Wherever possible we do provide the correct version do something must have stopped the Tablet version being used on the Nexus 7. It could possibly be down to the screen size.

If I get any information back I shall let you know although it's unlikely as it'll go in the feedback queue. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dave2660
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This issue was raised when the app was first released and the official response from Virgin Media at the time was that any device with a 7 inch display or smaller was classed as a phone and would get the phone version of the app.  Only larger devices get the tablet version.  I now have a tablet with an 8 inch display, but the same resolution as my old Nexus 7, and still get the phone version, so I think it's probably down to a combination of display size and resolution.

It would appear that nobody at Virgin Media or TiVo cares that the terrible user interface used in the phone version of the app looks even worse when scaled up on a tablet.

0 Kudos
tweetiepooh
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I think it maybe a combination of size and resolution but it should be upto the user to choose which version to install or to have a single version and options to switch the interface.  The tablet interface is so much better than the phone version.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got. Jim Elliot

I work for Virgin Media but respond here on an individual basis. No comment or assistance offered is done in any official capacity.
0 Kudos