Menu
tumi
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10 will be released 29 July

Advance notice. Maybe it's time for Windows users to get something that works! VM are you ready?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Windows 10 will be released 29 July

w10.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to hold-off for a while as I sometimes do with Windows updates, in case disaster cases start emerging.

GTW10.png

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Notapple
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's probably undergone the biggest user development programme ever.  However, I still use media player / centre so may hold off due to those features disappearing in favour of their X box replacements. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Notapple wrote:

It's probably undergone the biggest user development programme ever.  However, I still use media player / centre so may hold off due to those features disappearing in favour of their X box replacements. 

Big as it was, the acid test is now when the entire world's worth of Windows devices start under-going the upgrade process. A few hundred thousand early opters will always be dwarfed by countless 10s of millions of people making the change and seeing how it goes. Also the fact something was beta tested doesn't mean its sound, plenty of beta tested products make it out there full of faults for one reason or another and only mass consumption reveals the issues in some cases.

Another thing to keep in mind VM wise - VM are slow to adopt to changes. So if you've got your TV Anywhere setup and running on Win 7 / Win 8 / Win 8.1 - best not rock the boat.

In case you find yourself like those early Android Lollipop adopters crying out for a version of TV Anywhere that runs on Lollipop. Then just as VM make a 5.0 compatible version of TV Anywhere, those customers once again upgrade early to a newer Android version which is again incompatible for a long period.

And true, it has some things removed as you mention.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I forgot to add something there: OS changes on a device more often than not lead to the device no longer being accepted by TV Anywhere - with the customer having to contact customer services to activate the additional change slot. If that additional slot is used up already, that would be a month without TV Anywhere on that device Cat Sad

- - - - - -
0 Kudos