Menu
davenutter247
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10 upgrade fools TV Anywhere into thinking it's a new device?!?

More annoying than anything else, but should not happen.

Upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10, went to watch the cricket, and boom, I have no more device slots to register, for whatever reason TV anywhere seems to think that my upgraded device isn't a registered device.

Thankfully I hadn't made any device changes that month so was able to delete and reinstate, but if I had already made a change then I would have been buggered.

Anyone know why TV anywhere thinks it's a new device, or is it as simple as bad coding.

Cheers

Dave

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Windows 10 upgrade fools TV Anywhere into thinking it's a new device?!?

davenutter247 wrote:

Upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10, went to watch the cricket, and boom, I have no more device slots to register.

Anyone know why TV anywhere thinks it's a new device, or is it as simple as bad coding.

A major operating system version change* will get a existing registered device seen as new unknown device. Little security patches won't cause a problem as the OS version etc remains the same. But when you start hopping between different different OS versions it will be seen a new device.

Ex: IOS 8.1 to IOS 8.2 and the example you gave Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. All of which would lead one needing to re-register the device (after removing the old registration.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
clerom
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10 is not yet supported for TV Anywhere nor is Microsoft Edge

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

clerom wrote:

Windows 10 is not yet supported for TV Anywhere nor is Microsoft Edge

w10.png

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
ianward
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet Explorer 11 is still part of Windows 10. Do a search for it in Windows and it should give you the option to pin to Star Menu or Taskbar.

Hope that helps....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Apologies if having to re register your device has been an inconvenience to you. This isn't what we like to hear.

It is annoying but something that has been the case since we launched TV Anywhere. We are looking to see if there is a way around this but currently re registering the device is the only way. 

As mentioned above, Microsoft Edge isn't supported for use with TV Anywhere and we don't currently support Windows 10. 

I've flagged the information in the Technical Requirements to be amended to show this. 

If you have any further issues, please let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos