Menu
Cliff_R
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10 update and 'Device not recognised'

Hello

Just registered as I've tried Twitter for help but go no reply.

For sometime I've had a desktop PC as one of my registered devices for watching my Virgin TV package & earlier this month also registered a laptop - both were working fine.

A few days ago I installed updates to Windows 10 on both the above computers. It was obviously a major update to Windows as it took a while & involved various reboots. I did wonder if this would affect accessing TV Anywhere as I seem to recall having an issue once before.

Today, trying to watch Sky channels via TV Anywhere on my desktop PC, it tells me "unable to register this device. You already have our device changes this month"

I've not tried using my laptop but suspect it'll be the same having installed the same Windows update.

So, having used up 'all my goes' I can't re-register my desktop until Saturday & my laptop until a month after that! This is very frustrating given that we're paying a King's ransom for these services on a monthly basis & through no fault of our own can no longer use them.

Can anyone advise how I can get my (previously registered) devices re-registered again more swiftly than it currently appears.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Cliff

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
ian_rae
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Windows 10 update & 'Device not recognised'

I've got the same problem.

I've registered my iPhone and home PC. Both had OS upgrades in the past week so now I need to chose which device to use? It says my device is not recognised but it *!@* is - I can see it it's right in front of me.

Hopeless and annoyed

Ian

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep that does it, it's now identified as a different device, remove and read one a month I understand
0 Kudos
Cliff_R
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK, my issue is now resolved.

Just a quick timeline:-

29/09 - Contacted Virgin Media via Twitter - twice - received no reply

several hours later I was directed to this forum for help via the Virgin Media website so posted details of my issue on here

30/09 - Virgin Media respond via Twitter saying "Sorry about that Cliff, I'd recommend raising this with the knowledgeable folk on our forums" & they provided a link to here.

30/09 - With my plan to watch the Ryder Cup already in jeopardy I did what I should've done in the 1st place, I contacted Virgin Media and got them to reset my device changes allowing me to re-register my desktop, which was sorted in a few minutes & I got to watch the golf.

The annoying thing is that this issue is caused by an update to Windows 10, it's happened to me once before & now, each time Windows updates, I'll be left wondering if my devices will be recognised by the Sky channels. BT Sports BTW recognised my devices & worked just fine, so if the Virgin/BT partnership have resolved this issue why can't Virgin/Sky get their act together?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin and sky two very different and competitive companies and you want cooperation, virgin have tried to screw sky almost as many times as sky has screwed virgin
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

3rd October and unrequested Windows 10 update occured this morning banjaxing my two devices.  28 days until I can change it.  Just holding off making initial de-register until I need it.

0 Kudos