Menu
callanish
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10 anniversary update and sky sports

Windows 10 Anniversary update has just been released. Due to this update, all users will have to re-register their devices in order to make them work. Most if not all are limited to one change per month. This means, we'll have to wait until next month in order to register a second device for use with say sky sports. Kind of unfair. Is there an easy way to request a reset for to register a second device now, rather than have to wait until the end of the month, as this circumstance has nothing to do with the end user and anyone running Windows 10 will come across this update problem at some point. Only fair that Virgin Media makes allowances for such a large Microsoft O.S update.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Windows 10 anniversary update and sky sports

Hi callanish, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue using Sky Sports since updating to Windows 10. 

I have gone in to the account and added a device change for you. 

Make sure you delete the previous registration first though by following these steps: 

> You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

> Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button.

> Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the Sky Movies or Sky Sports app and select a channel to stream. This will register the device automatically Smiley Happy

Come back and let me know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi callanish, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue using Sky Sports since updating to Windows 10. 

I have gone in to the account and added a device change for you. 

Make sure you delete the previous registration first though by following these steps: 

> You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

> Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button.

> Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the Sky Movies or Sky Sports app and select a channel to stream. This will register the device automatically Smiley Happy

Come back and let me know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

callanish
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just want to say thanks Kath-F for solving the problem. Removing the original device, and re-registering it fixed things. Appreciate the Help. Regards.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi callanish,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Bill-C
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I seem to have the same problem, my laptop has upgraded yesterday and now my Sky sports app will not work requesting that i re register. That means i need a slot which i don't have. Could someone please open a slot so i can register my laptop again please

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bill-C, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

As you've not mentioned which device you want removed from the Sky platform I've been unable to do this. You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

Once you've removed one, you can then just attempt streaming again on the device you do want registered and this will automatically been done. I've added a device change for this to happen Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Bill-C
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Sorry did not think of that Smiley Happy. It is the laptop that needs removing so i can re register it. I will try it when i get home from work

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bill-C, 

Come back and let us know how it goes. 

I'll leave the Sky Platform as it is so you can see what you need to do going forward. 

If you need further support on this though by all means, come back here and we'll do what we can Smiley Happy

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Bill-C
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Kath

All fixed, thank you very much