Menu
Juicer
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10 Upgrade= No Sky Sports

I have had to upgrade both my PC and laptop to windows 10, which were both registered to watch tv anywhere,  but i can no longer watch sky sports on either.

I re registered the laptop but this has not helped. I just get the message "you have reached your limit for registered devices".

Please help Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Windows 10 Upgrade= No Sky Sports

Changing operating system (OS) counts as a device change. And IOS updates for Apple stuff usually counts as a device change too.

As a side note: use Firefox on Win 10 if you intend to watch Sky stuff on Win 10.

You can get 1 additional device change activated for the month, but the other device will have to wait.

Either wait up to three days for a response from a member of the favicon.png Forum Team here. The team member will be able to activate an additional device change for the month. Or call 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> option 1 -> verify your details -> go into the menu and choose option 2 (Faults) -> report a TV fault -> Ask for an additional device change this month for Sky.

Lastly, use the web chat: TV -> TV Anywhere -> Chat Online. This is staffed 8AM to 8PM M-Sa, use a desktop to access the page. If all agents are busy, reload the page every 3 minutes and check again.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Juicer
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

As i said in my original post, i have already attempted to re register my laptop after the OS change and it still says i have "you have reached your limit for registered devices", therefore i dont see what good it will do to just try it again and waste those oh so precious device changes.

I have cleared the cache and deleted cookies.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Juicer wrote:

As i said in my original post, i have already attempted to re register my laptop after the OS change and it still says i have "you have reached your limit for registered devices", therefore i dont see what good it will do to just try it again and waste those oh so precious device changes.

I have cleared the cache and deleted cookies.

Yes and as I said, you need to make contact in one of the ways above to request an additional device change slot. You'll still get next's month's as well on schedule.

Once you get it, only use Firefox for the Sky Sports side on Win 10.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Juicer
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I dont see the point in just trying something i have already attempted, and i only use firefox.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Strange, Firefox is the recommended browser by Sky. Also, why did you post about a device change problem when you don't want that amended to begin with? (curious.)

+Add: Since you don't mention an error message, here's a Silverlight fix solution: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/t-6013-c-4110-Silverlight-error-on-Sky-Sports-chann... Mind you, that will only be of help if you ask for an additional device change slot.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
Juicer
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You have lost me know.

I upgrade from win7 to win10, which it would seem is a device change. I attempted to watch sky sports on the laptop, the same way i have for the past 3 years and it gives me the message that i have reached my limit for devices. Fair enough, so i unregister the laptop and re register my "new device" (the same laptop but now running win10)

I go back to sky but it still says i have reached my limit, so it doesnt recognise the device or the change. So i need another device change but more importantly i need for it to recognise the device change which it currently does not.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Juicer wrote:

I go back to sky but it still says i have reached my limit, so it doesnt recognise the device or the change. So i need another device change but more importantly i need for it to recognise the device change which it currently does not.

Yes you need to remove the current registrations, get a new device change slot added (I advised you on how to do this above and how the normal one will still* activate next month as well), then go through the registration process again. Your devices will never be able to watch Sky content again unless you do this.

The above link was added as you didn't mention encountering any error message, but it would be worth doing before attempting re-registering the device(s.)

Edit: Fixed auto correct.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
Juicer
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone form Virgin give me a device slot change please? if possible remove Laptop W10 and i shall follow guidance and attempt to get it sorted.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Juicer, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear you've been having an issue watching Sky Sports since upgrading the OS on your devices. 

As mentioned by Shelke above you would need to re-register your devices in order for the Sports to work. I appreciate you have done this however looking at your device registrations for Sky, these haven't changed since April and May. I can only assume you were deleting the registration from TV Anywhere itself and not Sky. 

The TV Anywhere and Sky platforms are separate and therefore not synced so any changes made to one, also need to be made to the other. 

You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

I have reset the Sky platform for you now so there are no devices and you have 1 change to use to add the new device. If you try streaming now, it should work. 

Keep me posted.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos