Menu
tumi
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10 Release 29 July - Focal Point

Kath

I have initiated some threads with regard to the release of Windows 10. Others are joining in. As this is going to be one of the biggest changes ever, can I ask that it merits its own thread (in purple at the top of opening page) where everyone can post their thoughts. I believe this will benefit all (including VM) and will enable information to be accessible in the one location and that important issues are not lost in the general chatter. This is a chance for VM to shine and be seen to actually manage change - something sadly missing on other operating systems - but this will be the mother load!

Feel free to include my earlier efforts in the new thread, if you agree.

tumi

0 Kudos
jokersdirect
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Windows 10 Release 29 July - Focal Point

99% of people still gonna use windows 7 , sorry to break it to you

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i dont agree. Windows verions and OS versions should have nothing to do with any ISP. standard networking kit will work across all devices so a ISP support forum while may have a thread about it dosn't need to be sticky as its the lest important thing on the board.
0 Kudos
tumi
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your early comments. Lots of people have full windows 8.1 tablets/hybrids/PC's that also have touch screens, with no VM support. Windows 10 will be on the shelves after 29 July, whether forum members decide to upgrade or not. So why does VM not prepare, and if they don't, should they not be held to account? The information/debate held in the one place would help this. There's no point in saying what should work if VM don't do it - hence the debate.!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

prepare? Vm internet will work with windows 10, TV anywhere will work on Windows 10 within the limits set ut byt he channels it carries. Dont see why you'd thing that a windows 10 threat deserves to be at the top of any forum that is not OS based support.
0 Kudos