Menu
Sjan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10 App for TV Anywhere

When are we getting the Windows 10 app for TV Anywhere? I have been waiting over a Year.Was told it is being worked on. Microsoft give a development platform for free, which generates win10, iOS and Android. Sack your development team or programmer, it is disgusting how long this is taking
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Windows 10 App for TV Anywhere

Hi Sjan

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Thanks for your interest in our fantastic range of Smartphone apps that add extra value to the services you receive from us at no extra charge.

I regret there's no news on any of these apps being made available on Windows mobile devices just at the moment, but we're always looking to expand our offering, so watch this space.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Sjan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So what does that mean, there is development taking place to develop an application and there is no news, or your developers are not developing for the Windows mobile platform and there is no news? Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Sjan I think you may well find it is the latter. 

Virgin are not good at apps. Even the app to check your account on Android has not been updated since 2011 and will not run on many models. 

Other Android / iOS apps have been withdrawn

If Android can't make it, there is no chance for Windows

Sjan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Need to get Richard involved, might get something done!

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sjan wrote:

Need to get Richard involved, might get something done!

Has nothing to do with Virgin Mobile, I'm afraid. Liberty Global just licence the name.

Sjan
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I did not know that - but does Richard know what backward technology is being presented to the public under his banner/name.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sjan, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy

Currently there are no plans to introduce a Windows app for TV Anywhere. That's not to say there never will be though as we are always looking at ways to improve our service.

We know this isn't the news you were hoping for so apologies about that. 

The good news is you can still use TV Anywhere online via a PC or Laptop aswell as via an iOS and / or Android device. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kinvig
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there even though I can web browse to my Tivo V6 using TV Anywhere to change settings and view a list of whats available, there doesn't appear to be an option to stream recordings from myTivo V6 device, are there any plans to make streaming available to a PC device or are we still stuck in the stone age regarding this technology ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi kinvig,

We do offer the ability to stream recordings from the V6 box to both phone and tablet devices, but not a PC. If you'd like more information about this, check out our online Help & Support page: Using Virgin TV Anywhere under Streaming or downloading recordings.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos