Menu
deathbymonkey
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi device management

Hello there Having recently become a Virgin customer, after leaving BT, I am disappointed to find that the Superhub does not have a device management facility. What I mean by this is controlling the access times of various Wireless & Wired devices, like my teenage daughters IPAD & IPhone! Can anyone help? BTs interface had everything I needed, although the speeds were rubbish hence why I am now here. I need to sort this ASAP as a teenager without sleep is hell! Thanks Mark
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi device management

Which hub do you have?

SHUB1, SHUB2 and SHAC all have the facility to manage connection times by MAC address. If you have HUB3, it does not do that (ATM, may change with firmware updates)

0 Kudos
deathbymonkey
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks
Managed to find the MAC filter settings
What an overly complicated crappy way of facilitating such an important part of family internet security and control
Shame on you Virgin for letting some geeks loose with what should have been a slick marketing design feature
BT have you beaten in the this area hands down
Thanks for help of other Customers on this
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The first of many trials that lie ahead...

Got to say you are 100% right. There was some ISP  advertising that they let you switch devices access to a router off and on from an app. Now that would be functionality I would pay for.... Cant remember which one but I know I checked their offers out....

0 Kudos