Menu
Scotts15
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why only 2 devices

I don't understand why there is a restriction on Tv anywhere, we were with sky and had 5 devices recently moved to vm and find only having 2,devices too limiting.  Have son and granddaughter living here and need 4, were led to believe this would be the case when we signed up.

we have 2 vim boxes so should we get 4 devices, 2 for each box?

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why only 2 devices

As far as i am aware it is two in total regardless of how many boxes someone has. the reason i know is to stop abuse and stop loads of people enjoying access to tv anywhere whilst only paying one bill.

a friend rents out a 6 bedroom house and has around 11 people in there. would hardly be fair to have 11 people all using tv anywhere whilst paying one bill. if 4 devices is allowed then some will want 5 and so on.
0 Kudos
Scotts15
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi I understand they want to control and make as much money as they can but shouldn't they at least compete with sky especially when enticing customers to switch, they falsely led us to believe we would get the same as sky!

0 Kudos
severnbore
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is exactly what I thought, until I started reading this help area.  We use up both our options, me & my son.  SO I THOUGHT on our main email address\account.

Now in an attempt to get Sky films etc, which I gave up on long ago - but I think I can work round that, now, perhaps! ... some ambiguity around the 'user name' being the email address .... oh another story\hence going back to my account, 

But what I found rooting around in my account is, if you create an email address for each of the potential users, they can each receive anywhere, I'm in the process of seeing if that works, (so I can get back to Windows i.e\Anywhere. - another story)

I remembered your post, so thought I'd give you the info.  Good luck - I'm trying it now.

0 Kudos
severnbore
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

repeat

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You are lucky to have two devices.  By the time the end of the month comes I don't have any working thanks to the limit of one registration and the constant de-registration of the devices .   I might get one working this Saturday with a bit of luck.  Hopefully will work for the weekend.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

severnbore wrote:

But what I found rooting around in my account is, if you create an email address for each of the potential users, they can each receive anywhere, I'm in the process of seeing if that works...

That won't work.  Only main account holder can register/de-register devices.

0 Kudos