Menu
shirleywhite
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why have I "reached limit of registered devices"?

I have 2 small 8in windows 10 tablets which I use to watch Sky Sports occasionally ( a Dell and an Acer as backup )  For months they have worked reasonably well ( I know about using Firefox not Edge etc)  Those 2 have been registered for months and I haven't tried to change any settings at all - let alone register anything else.  ( In fact - we have just got back from a long cruise so haven't been around to watch TV at all) 

So - why when I tried to watch the Barnsley game on Skysports just now do I get the " reached limit of registered devices. Contact service provider..." message?????  I got the same error message on both machines.  How can that be !!!!???   I have not tried to use this for a couple of months??  What has changed ( at your end) to cause this??   Would appreciate an explanation/help please  

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why have I "reached limit of registered devices"?

It could be a software update on the device has been seen by tv anywhere as a new device, it happens regularly
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi shirleywhite, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue using your tablet for Sky Sports.

When ever an update has been performed to the app or your OS you will need to re-register.

> You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

> Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button.

> Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the Sky Movies or Sky Sports app and select a channel to stream. This will register the device automatically Smiley Happy

Come back and let me know how things go. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
shirleywhite
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi kath
Thanks for the reply. I went into skysports as you said -deleted then reregistered- and am now working again.

Its a little unfortunate -given that windows 10 almost forces regular os updates on you - that this causes tv anywhere to "glitch" and require users at our end to go through several hoops to get things working again. Would have thought/expected virgin systems to be able to cope!!!! Ho hum. But thanks for your help again.
0 Kudos