Menu
SuezieQ
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why does the Virgin TV Anywhere App never work?

I can log in to Sky Sports directly through THEIR App - on the SAME device - but, the VIRGIN App only works once in a blue moon.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
SuezieQ
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why does the Virgin TV Anywhere App never work?

Hi
Thanks for your reply.

I have a Vodafone Tab 6, running on Android.

I have only got the App installed on this device.

I bought it specifically for watching TV via the TV Anywhere App. I have had the tablet since June/July last year, and at first, it worked perfectly.

For the last 4 months or so, whenever I tap the TV show I want to watch, it is totally unresponsive - no error message at all, it just doesn't DO anything at all. I make sure I am choosing the streaming channel, not the 'TV' channel, but, it doesn't even attempt to load the stream.

Yet, I can sign in to the Sky TV App direct, without any problem at all and watch live Football/Cricket - whatever I want, as long as it's a Sky Sports channel (which I subscribe to via Virgin).

I close everything down properly (minimise and swipe left), I have uninstalled and reinstalled the App - twice. It may work the next time, but then when I want to use it a couple of weeks later, it won't work.

A lot of the time there is a service issue report for the App in my area, but not always.

I have spoken to the people on the Virgin TV Twitter account, but got nowhere. In fact, the last person I spoke to was really quite rude!

I don't know what else to do.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi SuezieQ, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear you;re having an issue with TV Anywhere. 

In order to help I will need some more information from you. Can you let me know the following:

What is the make and model of your device?

What OS is the device running?

Have you used the app on this or any other devices previously?

What error message are you getting?

What are you doing when this error message shows?

Once I have this information I will be able to help you further Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SuezieQ
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi
Thanks for your reply.

I have a Vodafone Tab 6, running on Android.

I have only got the App installed on this device.

I bought it specifically for watching TV via the TV Anywhere App. I have had the tablet since June/July last year, and at first, it worked perfectly.

For the last 4 months or so, whenever I tap the TV show I want to watch, it is totally unresponsive - no error message at all, it just doesn't DO anything at all. I make sure I am choosing the streaming channel, not the 'TV' channel, but, it doesn't even attempt to load the stream.

Yet, I can sign in to the Sky TV App direct, without any problem at all and watch live Football/Cricket - whatever I want, as long as it's a Sky Sports channel (which I subscribe to via Virgin).

I close everything down properly (minimise and swipe left), I have uninstalled and reinstalled the App - twice. It may work the next time, but then when I want to use it a couple of weeks later, it won't work.

A lot of the time there is a service issue report for the App in my area, but not always.

I have spoken to the people on the Virgin TV Twitter account, but got nowhere. In fact, the last person I spoke to was really quite rude!

I don't know what else to do.

0 Kudos
SuezieQ
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

At this precise moment in time, it is working. Thursday 23 Feb 2017 @ 19.49. Next time I try, if it is true to form, it probably won't.
0 Kudos
SuezieQ
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Aaaaand. Here we go again. 10 minutes before the end of the game it quit. I closed the app (minimise and swipe left). Went back to the app, switched to the guide, clicked the streaming channel I wanted. And nothing. Nothing at all. Shut down the tablet and restarted. Still nothing. My tablet is obviously compatible, otherwise it wouldn't work at all. My laptop is sat right next to it and has 3 out of 4 bars for the Wi-Fi signal. My TV and V6 Box are connected to the Internet too. It's just not loading any streaming channel on the TV Anywhere App. Again.
0 Kudos