Menu
Pipunicorn
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why does the TV Anywhere App refuse to download to my iPad and iPhone?

I switched from Sky about four weeks ago. I used to get a lot of use out of Sky Go, but I can't even get the Virgin equivalent to download from the App store? Anyone having the same problems?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why does the TV Anywhere App refuse to download to my iPad and iPhone?

Pipunicorn wrote:

I switched from Sky about four weeks ago. I used to get a lot of use out of Sky Go, but I can't even get the Virgin equivalent to download from the App store? Anyone having the same problems?

It's a known problem. Either temporarily change the DNS on the device to something like Google DNS: 8.8.8.8. That or temporarily connect to another WiFi network / 2G/3G/4G data network and do the download of the app when connected to that other network.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Pipunicorn wrote:

It's a known problem. Either temporarily change the DNS on the device to something like Google DNS: 8.8.8.8. That or temporarily connect to another WiFi network / 2G/3G/4G data network and do the download of the app when connected to that other network.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Pipunicorn,

Besides the above advise I offered earlier. Could you please do the following:

1. Go to http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/
2. Then click "Contact Support"
3. Next click "Contact iTunes Store Support"
4. Click "Connecting and Downloading."
5. Select the option for “Unable to download certain content from the iTunes Store”
6. You'll see various contact options available, choose the one you prefer and report the issue.

VM are advising this be done to give Apple extra support to help get this issue resolved more promptly.

- - - - - -
Pipunicorn
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant. That worked a treat.

I took your other advice and contacted the Apple helpdesk first. They were very pleasant and no help at all. Anyway I've passed your solution on to them.

Are you sure I should change that DNS back ?

Thanks again

Peter

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pipunicorn wrote:

I took your other advice and contacted the Apple helpdesk first. They were very pleasant and no help at all. Anyway I've passed your solution on to them.

More than anything it was a case of getting some individual cases logged directly with them (Apple), which in turn could possibly help get the problem resolved sooner.

Are you sure I should change that DNS back ?

You don't have to, but if you want VM's websafe to protect the device you should.

Thanks again

Peter

Cat Happy

- - - - - -
0 Kudos