Menu
DonsQuestions
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why does TV anywhere only work with rubbish Firefox - is it cause you can cast from Chrome?

I find it odd that TV anywhere isn't supported on the No1. Browser Chrome and only on Firefox. It used to work well with Chrome until ChromeCast became a reality - now Virgin block Chrome!!!!

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does TV anywhere only work with rubbish Firefox - is it cause you can cast from Chrome?

Works on Internet Explorer as that is what I use it on.

Chrome does not work due to Flash versions or something.
0 Kudos
DonsQuestions
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does TV anywhere only work with rubbish Firefox - is it cause you can cast from Chrome?

I don't believe it's got anything to do with flashplayer or any other plug in - I haven't used IE for years - I don't like Firefox as it has security issues and its difficult to stop it doing things under the covers  - Virgin are policing the use of Chromecast as Virgin only stopped supporting Chrome after Chromecast was available.

I hate being forced to download any software especially FireFox that isn't really up to the task, all it is used for is to watch TV Anywhere - for any other internet activity I use Chrome.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's got nothing to do with Chromecast. The version of Flash built into Chrome by Google doesn't support the appropriate content protection required by the channel providers.

There used to be a workaround where you could get Chrome to use the full Adobe Flash plugin based on the same plugin technology Firefox uses, however Google changed Chrome so that external plugins are no longer supported.

This is why the Sky Movies and Sports websites no longer work with Chrome either, as Sky use Microsoft Silverlight which is a plugin.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own