Menu
mlone
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why does TV anywhere not work

I am working away for a few months. Thought I would try TV Anywhere again for Sky Sports and Sky Movoes. It used to work on my laptop. Now it doesn't. Tried to follow the online advice. I also had an issue where I could not add another device for a month. 

So I rang your customer services number. Extremely difficult to find which option to choose from menu (sort it out Virgin). When I eventually got through I spoke to a young scottish girl who obviously had not a lot of experience. She kept pratling on about not compatible with Chrome. Now I am aware of that and told her at the start that I was using IE. She kept putting me on hold to speak to a manager. When I asked to speak to a manager I was told they were too busy!!! What a fine example of customer service. I was eventually passed to Virgin 2nd line support and a welsh guy who although initially helpful. He told me it was a silverlight  issue as used by Sky and it would need the latest version of Silverlight. He got remote access to my laptop, deleted then installed the latest version of silverlight. When I then tried to access sky sports I got exactly the same message that there had been an interuption in service. The result was a statement that all Virgin do is connect you to Sky platform so you will have to take up with Sky but don't expect any help so I suggest you go onto the forum but why not watch on iPad as IOS does not use Silverlight. 

So I logged into Virgin on the iPad dowloaded the Virgin Anywhere app and low and behold could not view sky sports and movoe premium channels as I had not subscribed.

I pay Virgin a fortune each month for all sports and movie channels, Tivo and V+ box landline phone and 4 mobiles and I get this service.

Another call this time to a guy in a third world call centre. He at least explained that I had to dowload sky sports and sky movoes apps from the app store and log in this way. At last someone who could give an answer but why could this not be explained earlier. I tell you why!! A lack of system training. Why is this not easily available on the Virgin website.

So 2 hours of my life which should have been spent with family wasted speaking to Virgin and I still do not have a resolution to my original query regarding viewing Sky Premium sports and movie channels on my laptop. This is windows 10 using IE and also using Firefox.

So all in all another example of how not to look after customers!!! No doubt I will get some Virgin droid saying lots of fluffy happy clappy statements but without giving a satisfactory solutiuon.

lincsguy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does TV anywhere not work

Just a thought when you are signing in through the Sky App, you are signing in with the Virgin Media Logo below "Sign in" ?

0 Kudos
mlone
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes using the correct sign in procedure just getting an error message regarding break in signal. Or nothing at all 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi mlone, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue watching the Sky premium channels. 

As rightly already mentioned, Sky Movies and Sky Sports are not streamable via TV Anywhere. You need to use the relevant websites and / or apps. 

What is the exact error message you are getting when trying to stream from either Sky Movies or Sky Sports? 

As we now know that Silverlight is updated thanks to the person you spoke to in 2nd Line, it's worth checking the settings to ensure the Cookies are set to always. 

What browser are you using? Choose one and stick with it as switching between the browsers can throw up different errors. Once you've decided on a browser open up the Sky Movies or Sky Sports website and attempt to stream from one of the SD channels. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mlone
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am IT literate.

My main points are the lack of knowledge of Virgin support staff and the fact that major changes to the system were not flagged up on the website.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi mlone,

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm sorry for the issues you have experienced in accessing the Sky Sports and Sky Movie premium channels via TV on the Go and also for the issues you have had getting technical support for this. Apologies as well for the delay in getting back to you.

I'm a bit confused as to what changes weren't flagged on the website? Looking at our Help pages for TV Anywhere: Watching Sky Movies and Sky Sports on the go  these are the same instructions that have always been on our website.

For a better overview of all of our Help & Support pages on our main website, please see TV : TV on the go . You can access this by going to www.virginmedia.com >click on Help at the top > Enter TV Anywhere into the search box.

Please let me know if you are still having problems accessing your Sky Sports and Sky Movies on the Go.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi mlone,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your TV Anywhere, as I haven't received a response from you yet.
If you are still having problems running TV Anywhere on your computer, please let me know.
Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos