Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15 (1,014 Views)

Why does TV Anywhere keep repeating?

This is happening more and more often, on various channels. I have logged the time and channel on the relevant forum page and no reply or resolution. I'm tied in to a contract but if this isn't resolved I will be leaving when the contract expires. Very poor service on an increasingly required platform. Come on VM, I expect better from a company who champions quality service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15 (982 Views)

Re: Why does TV Anywhere keep repeating?

Hi Shylock67,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear you are having an issue with watching TV Anywhere. 

We are aware of an issue with this and look into every report we receive. We wouldn't contact you back after the report as we use the information you input to look into it. 

We are constantly making little changes in the background to try and alleviate any faults and we are seeing more and more success with each change.

Hopefully one day soon we will have a complete resolve. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 3 of 15 (974 Views)

Kath

"Little changes in the background" are simply not cutting it. We need big changes in the background with regard to infrastructure and possibly staff. I will also repeat myself, why not open up the service to 3/4G as competitors do? I'm not technical,  but in doing so would this help alleviate the strain on Wi-Fi only delivery?

Please don't reply that the 3/4G option can't be done for contractual reasons. Contracts by there very nature can be renegotiated to keep pace with evolving requirements, and in this instance it may help VM deliver a service which may be better than "woefully inadequate".

Tumi

Dialled in
Message 4 of 15 (928 Views)

Dear VM

Can people get out of their contract early as TV Anywhere is not fit for purpose. I'm a member of Which and will be asking them for an opinion, but thought I would give VM the opportunity to comment first. Depending on the response (if any) I will decide on my way ahead.

Tumi

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15 (925 Views)

Hi Kath,

Thanks for reply although it seems a pretty stock one to pay a bit of lip service rather than give me any real info on what the issues are causing the problems with TV Anywhere. Can you elaborate on what the issues are as judging by the forums I'm not in a minority? Have VM set themselves a timescale to resolves these issues that you say you are aware of? Do customers like me who subscribed to VM because it liked the idea of TV Anywhere and chose the remain with you over other alternative suppliers, have the right to expect a refund until the issues are resolved?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Forum Team
Message 6 of 15 (887 Views)

Hi both, 

Apologies for the delay in responding to you. I've been off managing a team in another part of the business. 

All the information I have, I've given. I'm not able to say anything else on this. 

I can say there is some work being done to increase the capacity and this has already started so we shall see how things are once this work is completed. 

With regards to a refund, you can speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 but it is unlikely due to TV Anywhere not being a paid for service. 

With regards to leaving your contract early with no disconnection fees' this also will be unlikely as you are contracted for your TiVo® service. As this works we wouldn't consider it. 

Apologies again for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 7 of 15 (880 Views)

Kath_F wrote:
With regards to a refund, you can speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 but it is unlikely due to TV Anywhere not being a paid for service. With regards to leaving your contract early with no disconnection fees' this also will be unlikely as you are contracted for your TiVo® service. As this works we wouldn't consider it. 

Ah, this old chestnut again.

Just because there isn't a line-item on the monthly bill that says "TV Anywhere" should not be used by Virgin Media as an excuse for what is, and has been for the last two years, an absolutely shocking level of service. 

Many of us are prepared to pay over £100 a month to VM *because we want the capability provided by TV Anywhere* even in the frankly hobbled way VM "allows" such content (and then trots out the inevitable "it's not us, it's the copyright holders fault" line) when people ask why we cannot have access with more than two devices per household or via 3G/4G.

Frankly I find it annoying that VM's Forum staff insist on hiding behind such semantics to avoid taking responsibility for what is a very poor service offering.

Tuning in
Message 8 of 15 (862 Views)

I've just been offered a refund (I'm out of contract), why can't you refund all? The service is sub standard and not fit for purpose!

0 Kudos
Settling in
Message 9 of 15 (833 Views)

Any news on the repeating problem being sorted please? We watch Boomerang channel 730 via the anywhere.virginmedia.com website on an iMac, at approx. 6pm most evenings. However, it is becoming more unbearable to do this as it keeps repeating every few seconds! Look forward to a positive reply - hopefully :-)
0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 10 of 15 (819 Views)

[ Edited ]
In the end I submitted over 200 reports of buffering, freezing, stalling, skipping & repeating over the space of about a year. I only watch a small handful of channels but I have seen a marked improvement streaming them since the last massive batch of reports that I submitted while I was laid up with flu early in 2016.

So, if you are happy to take days out of your busy life to do VM's work for them like I did, telling them time & time again of the problems you are having, they might eventually listen.
0 Kudos