Menu
petedurg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Why can't I watch BT Sport ESPN on Virgin anywhere? I subscribe to BT Sport and watch them on TV.

I pay £18 per month for BT Sport channels as an add-on to my TV (M) package.  I can watch BT Sport 1 & 2, BT Sport Europe, and BT Sport ESPN on my Tivo box with no problem.  When I try to watch BT Sport ESPN on Virgin TV Anywhere, I  get an error message saying it is only available as part of the TV XL package, even though I subscribe to BT Sport channels.  The other three channels BT Sport channels play fine.  I've been through this twice on the phone with Virgin support teams and they seem to be as confused as I am.  The lastest word from them is just ' that's the way it is - we don't know why... probably some of the higher ups could tell you but we haven't got a clue'.  It is disappointing, especially as Virgin's own publicity says,

" Stream the TV you love, wherever you are

With the Virgin TV Anywhere, Sky Movies and Sky Sports apps, you’ve got more ways to stream your favourite TV when you’re out and about (or if the main TV is busy). On your computer, tablet or phone, TV on the go means up to 120 channels of free-roaming telly wherever there’s WiFi.

Just one of The Inclusives you get for being a Virgin Media customer."

Yes... Inclusive, but with exclusions.  Can anyone shed light on this matter, please?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
PaulG
Dialled in
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I watch BT Sport ESPN on Virgin anywhere? I subscribe to BT Sport and watch them on TV.

Is this when using the TV Anywhere website or the mobile apps?

Works for VM. Posts are my own opinion.
0 Kudos
petedurg
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I watch BT Sport ESPN on Virgin anywhere? I subscribe to BT Sport and watch them on TV.

It is when I use the Virgin TV anywhere website.  I can watch the three other BT Sport Channels, just not BT Sport ESPN.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I watch BT Sport ESPN on Virgin anywhere? I subscribe to BT Sport and watch them on...

Hi petedurg, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having trying to watch BT Sport ESPN. 

When you add the BT Sports package, you are then able to watch these channels via TV Anywhere. The fact that you can watch the other channels suggest something other than a syncing issue is the problem here.

I've raised this up as an account issue to see if we can get this fixed for you Smiley Happy 

Once I have any information I'll be back in touch with you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

petedurg
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Of course these things happen at the worst times. I was looking forward to watching the baseball world series on my computer whilst travelling. Please let me know Asap!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I watch BT Sport ESPN on Virgin anywhere? I subscribe to BT Sport and watch them on...

Hi petedurg, 

Thanks for your patience with this. 

I just wanted t come back to you with an update to let you know how things are progressing. 

It looks as though in the BT Sports coding, it was set for XL customers only and not those paying for the Sports pack. The relevant team have been made aware and are in the process of updating the database to include the sports pack code. 

Once I've been informed this has been done, I'll be back in touch to check things are resolved at your end Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
petedurg
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Kath. No hurry as the baseball world series is over now.  Let me know how you get on.  I may have switched over to BT broadband by the time it's been sorted out so I might not be able to confirm weather it's working or not but will do my best to help you out.  Pete

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi petedurg, 

I've heard back from the team today to say this should be resolved. 

Can you try again and let me know how things are Smiley Happy

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

petedurg
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath.  I'm glad to hear that BT Sport ESPN should be working on Virgin Media.  I'm afraid I can't tell you if it is working or not as when I try to log on I get a message saying that my device (my desktop computer, which I have been logging on with consistently in my attempts to watch BT Sport ESPN)  is no longer registered as a device and I have no device changes left.  I supposedly made a device change on the 6th of November and it seems I have an available device slot, but I can't register my desktop computer.    I only have two devices, my laptop and my desktop computers. Could this be happening because of attempts at re-syncing on your end?   It is really frustrating!!!!!!!!  best wishes, Pete

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Different browsers (instances of Flash really ) can be seen by TV Anywhere as different devices.

A change of OS (say, to Windows 10) would also be seen as a device change, even on the same device.

0 Kudos