Menu
pcsteve
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where do I go now to record programs ?

I spoke with VM customer support - who were surprised by this revelation!
They have forwarded this onward....

JayAy wrote:

Well at least we know that VM can hit one target; as long as they are shooting at their feet, they are bound to score a direct hit.

One of the few functions that worked reasonably reliably with TV Anywhere was the ability to quickly set a recording via a web browser wherever you were. I can't wait to see what fantastic improvements come next? Maybe removing the colour form the TV signals to save bandwidth to give everyone an improved service? Who knows, with a bit of a marketing spin it will probably been seen as a major step forward, especially when accompanied by yet another inflation busting price hike - we are surely due on soon as it's been a couple of months now since the last one.

dave-c-v
Joining in
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant - shot in own foot - I have a Samsung S7 and Virgin TV app will run on the phone!!! Virgin Remote just loads and then posts [Reconnecting] with a spinning circle. A few posts on the forums about this.  Re-installed - cleared data - all sorts.  Crap.  I could use the PC web from work where the phone is not allowed to connect to the wifi. Total disaster.

fenlander
Up to speed
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Watch out for the new Tivo box that will be able to record 1 programme provided you're watching it at the same time. Seriously, does anyone at VM have a grain of common sense?

Flying_Kiwi
Superfast
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

As these new apps weren't all VMs handy work (they originate from the people who make the TiVo/V6 hardware and the company that owns VM UK (and many other similar, but smaller companies) I don't think they would have put the bugs in in the first place. Where the problem lies though is with VM UKs total lack of engagement with customers to pre-release test it out in advance.

There are many people here who would have gladly volunteered their time to give the new apps a good run and provide feedback but it appears Virgin Media may have been lulled into a false sense of security by those who were responsible for handing the code over to them. As a big player in this industry (and the biggest company within the owning group by far), Virgin Media UK needed to be much more practice and hands on!

Hopefully Virgin Media will learn from this (and responsible executives will be held accountable). Next time they release something new, they should first start by selecting suitable customers to test it out thoroughly and provide feedback (which they need to listen to) before any general public release. If they don't do this then I'd be wondering about common sense.

aomega001
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have also noticed that it is over a month since the initial comment was made. Nobody from VM has had the spine to comment let alone apologise or explain how such a gross oversight could have been allowed.

VM please grow a pair and reply to this thread.Smiley Mad

cjdshaw
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The web interface for recording was always terrible, but the solution of removing it entirely is ridiculous. Well done, Virgin

0 Kudos
Flying_Kiwi
Superfast
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I see we still have no update from Virgin Media in the form of an explanation. We've also yet to see the changes made to the website interface of the TV Go service corrected to give back the ability to remotely select which shows the TiVo/V6 box will record.

I've since discovered that TiVo (long ago) released an app that works with Windows 7 through to Windows 10 to give similar functionality in part to what Virgins TV Control app does today (on Android, iOS and Amazon Fire platforms). Given they have a near ready made solution, why do those of us with Windows 10 tablets (and laptops) not yet have a TV Control app when some less popular/less utilised platforms do? Where are Virgin Media's priorities?

0 Kudos
aomega001
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It is now 4 weeks since my last comment and still no sign of a reply from VM.  I have a little over 9 months before my contact runs out and WILL be moving to sky, at least their app alows remote recording.  I am f'ing sick and tired of VM scrrewing around with thinks that dont need it, there is a saying " If it aint broke don't try to fix it", TAKE NOTE VIRGIN.

0 Kudos